Author Topic: forum t-shirts  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: forum t-shirts
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
I need a triple XL and I'd buy at least one for sure!

Offline Saturday Coffee

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »

I love t-shirts. My preference is silkscreen over embroidered. I'd pay extra for premium quality 100% cotton.

If you are stuck on embroidery, I would prefer an apron with embroidery.

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:01 PM »
You know what would be cool Steve, is if you just ran a store of products that had proceeds that went to the website. I could see having a pizza peel with PM.com burned on the handle, pizza wheel cutters with logos or something associated with the site. etc. The potential here is really limitless. If the products were good, I would buy them to support the site.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
A funny shirt would be with the pizza making logo and name on the front. Then on the back across the shoulders it reads "At pizzamaking.com we are the 1%"

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »
I can do bumper stickers, hoodies, t-shirts, you name it... already have a cafepress account set up. Let me try to come up with some designs.

I have always been happy with the quality of cafepress. Coffee mugs, stickers, and hoodies

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 03:39:35 AM »
Here is something I whipped up super fast on some random website. I think a shirt would be amazing looking at how cool the logo looks with the text around it. Maybe find someone clever to figure out a forum catch-phrase too. :-D Maybe someone can get a final design down one day in the future and get us these babies shipped out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:05:20 AM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
Still trying to come up with a new logo for the site. I hired a graphic designer, so hopefully I'll have something soon. Once we have a new logo, I'll make t-shirts available.  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline tikidoc

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
If you need any kind of a head count, I'd be interested too.

Jess

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Still trying to come up with a new logo for the site. I hired a graphic designer, so hopefully I'll have something soon. Once we have a new logo, I'll make t-shirts available.  :)

Put me down for one Medium!

Ed

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
but of course ! me too!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Ranger5oh

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
I'd buy one!
Nom nom nom....

Offline RamirOk

• Personal site
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »
I'd buy one too.

I'm a graphic designer and I would gladly help either with the logo or with the design of any product of this amazing site. It's the least I can do after all that I learned here.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »
I'd buy one too.

I'm a graphic designer and I would gladly help either with the logo or with the design of any product of this amazing site. It's the least I can do after all that I learned here.

Well, my current graphic designer is a close friend and he's doing it as a friend (even though he's charging me a modest fee). But, because it's side-work, he seems to be dragging his feet... and I'm getting a little frustrated.  :-\
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline RamirOk

• Personal site
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »
Well, my current graphic designer is a close friend and he's doing it as a friend (even though he's charging me a modest fee). But, because it's side-work, he seems to be dragging his feet... and I'm getting a little frustrated.  :-\

Well let me know if you need help with something else. Perhaps minor changes to the CSS to update the image of the site and improve the readability or if you think your friend donsen't have many time for the logo, just tell me.

Offline Ranger5oh

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »

Ah the epic battle between cost and service...

Ive got an idea:

Start a thread called "Submit your design for our new logo!"  Lets say, winner gets a couple free t-shirts once printed (or whatever).

You get free work, and I bet you'll get some great submissions.  :) everyone wins.
Nom nom nom....

Offline RamirOk

• Personal site
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
Ah the epic battle between cost and service...

Ive got an idea:

Start a thread called "Submit your design for our new logo!"  Lets say, winner gets a couple free t-shirts once printed (or whatever).

You get free work, and I bet you'll get some great submissions.  :) everyone wins.

Design contest always end up in “ok” solutions, the lack of information, constant feedback with the client and iteration are some of the reasons that they don't work very well. Of course is Steve decision.

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
On a classic arcade forum I also frequent, they do this for a token design every year or so. The nice thing about doing it this way is once the entries are in, they hold a poll to see which one people like most. Afterall who's going to be buying these things? Probably mostly members here.

On the other hand, if Steve wants to retain copyright and/or certain logos associated with this site specifically, then it's better to pony up the cash and sell it to the masses. He retains more control over the site and it's trademarks this way.

I think the deciding factor is whether the shirts specifically promote www.pizzamaking.com or not. Without doing so, this exercise is kind of a moot point. I think everyone WANTS to promote the site to show they belong to the 1% of pizzamaking.

Offline Ranger5oh

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
Design contest always end up in “ok” solutions, the lack of information, constant feedback with the client and iteration are some of the reasons that they don't work very well. Of course is Steve decision.

Right, and so does cheap "side work."   ;)

Regardless of where the design comes from, Steve has the ultimate decision on the logo, and I fully support whatever that is.
Nom nom nom....

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
On a classic arcade forum I also frequent, they do this for a token design every year or so. The nice thing about doing it this way is once the entries are in, they hold a poll to see which one people like most. Afterall who's going to be buying these things? Probably mostly members here.

On the other hand, if Steve wants to retain copyright and/or certain logos associated with this site specifically, then it's better to pony up the cash and sell it to the masses. He retains more control over the site and it's trademarks this way.

I think the deciding factor is whether the shirts specifically promote www.pizzamaking.com or not. Without doing so, this exercise is kind of a moot point. I think everyone WANTS to promote the site to show they belong to the 1% of pizzamaking.
   Can it not be stated that the winning entry will need to sign a release ? I like the idea of a contest and ,also, to give Steve a bit more control in what he may prefer for the site.....he gets to choose from ,say, the top 3 most voted for entries ?

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
Any progress on the logo? I did start a new thread but was directed to this one?

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles