Author Topic: Wood Stone pizza ovens  (Read 26448 times)

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Wood Stone pizza ovens
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »

If you want to compare a Woodstone oven with a true Napoletana oven in Seattle go to Tuttabella and then go to Via Tribunale.  Via Trib has a handmade oven with all parts coming from Napoli, I'm sure you will quickly see the difference.
The only question is how he got health approval to do it.  Here I could not get a listing for a handmade oven and had to use a prefab italian one with a UL listing.
My hope is to buy a oven from Napoli after all my health inspections.  As it is here they would not let me open with a hand made oven.  I'm sure that is what most people run into when attempting to get a real oven direct from Napoli. 

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 08:37:33 PM »
My basic opinion of Woodstone ovens is that they are great...for about 99% of styles of pizzas.  For CPK or Wolfgang Pucks they are perfect, but for an authentic Napoli style pizza they have a ways to go.  I think the first thing they need to change (if they even want to get into the Napoli style market) is to decrease the size of the openings.  Tuttabellas is the size of a garage door.  He has to keep a bon fire going to keep his temp up because he loses so much out the door.  I'm sure Marco would point out that the height of the dome is also much to high.
I'm not saying Woodstone should make these changes, after all they have a great market selling to gourmet American style pizzerias and I must say A CPK pizza tastes great every now and then.   
I would be interested to know from Repguy if Tuttabella plans on using Woodstone ovens in his new pizzeria?

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2005, 07:12:06 PM »
The 8645 oven is way too big for a house.  That oven can hold about 10 - 12 inch pizzas.  Plus a large oven like that will take a long time to heat up from a cold start.  Usually those ovens are used daily so the heat up time is not too long.

JP
-JP-