Author Topic: ATK Sicilian Style  (Read 245 times)

Offline mudman

• I Love Pizza!
ATK Sicilian Style
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
I just saw the episode on their Sicilian pizza. Has any one ever tried it?

https://onedadskitchen.com/tag/cooks-illustrated-sicilian-pizza/

Here is a copy of their recipe that I found on the net.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Re: ATK Sicilian Style
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:09:28 PM »
I have not (yet) made it.  It is on my list.

FYI: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=36487.msg363080#msg363080
Mitch

“We hate math,” says 4 in 10 – a majority of Americans

Offline Pete in PG

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
I saw it as well and will be making it on Friday.  I've tried several of their pizza recipes and their deep dish one is great imo.  The images of their Sicilian pizza looked fantastic!  We have an Italian restaurant/deli here in Carmel, CA that sells Sicilian pizza by the square and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to ATKs.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
I saw it as well and will be making it on Friday.  I've tried several of their pizza recipes and their deep dish one is great imo.  The images of their Sicilian pizza looked fantastic!  We have an Italian restaurant/deli here in Carmel, CA that sells Sicilian pizza by the square and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to ATKs.

Which deli is that? (I am in Carmel a few days a year).
Mitch

Online TonyRicci

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 03:44:31 PM »
If anyone makes this pie, please post and pictures would be nice.   THANKS :D

Offline Pete in PG

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:50:46 PM »
Which deli is that? (I am in Carmel a few days a year).

Hi Mitch; it's Salumeria Luca on Dolores St next to it's sister restaurant Cantinetta Luca - which has a great wood fired pizza stove btw.

Salumeria Luca is wonderful and carries fresh pasta and cheese along with wonderful assortments of ham and salami.  I like that they open at 8A and I can get in and out of Carmel easily at that early hour.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:36:57 PM »
Hi Mitch; it's Salumeria Luca on Dolores St next to it's sister restaurant Cantinetta Luca - which has a great wood fired pizza stove btw.

Salumeria Luca is wonderful and carries fresh pasta and cheese along with wonderful assortments of ham and salami.  I like that they open at 8A and I can get in and out of Carmel easily at that early hour.

Thanks, I know just the place(s)!  I have eaten in the Cantinetta (which I think is "OK") a few times but have only purchased gelato at the Salumeria.  I will keep that in mind for next time and might give the pizza a try. 

We often eat a few doors down at La Bicyclette - I love most of their food.  Pizza snob that I have become - of all things,  I think there pizza is good but nothing special but I really enjoy pretty much anything I have ordered there.  See the pic below - it hangs in our dining room.

If you have any favorite places, especially off the beaten track where I am likely to miss it, please let me know.

We always stay around the corner at the Cypress Inn because it allows dogs and is very nice.  They should rename Carmel "Dogtown"!

Mitch