Author Topic: Pizzarium dough with Caputo Metro flour  (Read 473 times)

Online jsaras

• Supporting Member
Pizzarium dough with Caputo Metro flour
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
This was baked in my in-laws' electric convection oven that was preheated to 500 degrees. It was baked naked for the first 8 minutes and then for an additional 8 with the toppings.  The crust was crispier than I wanted, though it was less crispy than Napizza's crust (San Diego's pizza al taglio).

The Caputo Metro flour was liked by everyone.  I approached it with the idea that the operational hydration would be similar to AP flour.

On the next attempt should I decrease the bake time, increase the hydration?....I've never nailed this style to my satisfaction. Maybe Johnny the Gent can chime in on this one?
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizzarium dough with Caputo Metro flour
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »
Nice!  :drool:
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline parallei

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
I'm not JTG, but (like many others) have messed around with theses a bit.  That said:

Increase the hydration!  If you want to try something different, try this:

SD and an 8 hour SD bread (:o) work flow like the Tartine work flow.

Also those paderno pans help with the spring.  I'm guessing you already have these. It's too hot around here now for al taglio........gotta wait for fall.   

Caputo's spec sheet says the Mtro flour is about 13.25% protein. (http://caputoflour.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00-Pizza-Metro-SPECS.pdf)

Your pizza looks good!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:18:06 PM by parallei »

Online jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »
I didn't realize the protein was that high.  I'm comfortable with SD, but my AC was out for a day so I chose to use the IDY in my freezer.

I made this in a cheap non-stick cookie sheet and I have14 and 16-inch round PSTK cutter pans from pizzatools.com.  What Paderno pan do you recommend?
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline parallei

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
I didn't realize the protein was that high.  I'm comfortable with SD, but my AC was out for a day so I chose to use the IDY in my freezer.

I made this in a cheap non-stick cookie sheet and I have14 and 16-inch round PSTK cutter pans from pizzatools.com.  What Paderno pan do you recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VH70WM/?tag=pizzamaking-20

They were all the rage around here for awhile!  Nice blue steel pans.......