Author Topic: Nicoletta to open 2nd location  (Read 914 times)

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
Nicoletta to open 2nd location
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »
I was in Bernardsville, NJ today, which is near where I work.  I noticed a random sign that said "Nicoletta Pizzeria: NYC" in a strip mall.  Come to find out, Michael White already owns a restaurant in Bernardsville.  I'm guessing the place next door was vacant so now they are opening a Nicoletta there.  Kind of an odd place for a pizzeria but whatever.  I guess I'll give it a try since it's near my work place.  I wasn't ever going to go to the NYC one because there are just too many other options to pass up.

Offline scott123

Re: Nicoletta to open 2nd location
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
I drove by there the other week, saw the same sign, and thought the same thing  :)

It's not the most upscale spot, but the surroundings shouldn't impact the pizza. I can't help but wonder if the prices will be the same as they are in NY.  If they are, I think he might have some trouble in that area.  Bernardsville has plenty of money, but it's a lot more conservative than Manhattan and probably won't be all that open to hybrid pizza- especially hybrid pizza at his price point. I'm not saying he won't survive, but I think it could be slow going.

I'll be trying it as well. John Conklin is a fan

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,24795.msg250482.html#msg250482

If we go as a group, we can taste a greater variety of pies.

Nicoletta also isn't far from Millies (NP + coal)

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,24795.msg250482.html#msg250482

Perhaps we could do a mini crawl.

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
do we have any idea of when it opens?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »
+ 1 on the Mini  ^^^
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline scott123

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
do we have any idea of when it opens?

I gave Osteria Morini a call and asked the women that answered when Nicoletta was slated to open.  "It was supposed to open this Summer, but then it was pushed to the Fall, and now it's 'indefinite.'"

Michael, aka Za Jr. (thezaman/Larry's son), last I checked, was working at Nicoletta in the city, so perhaps Larry can shed a little more light as to what's going on.

Until then, though, it looks like the mini crawl will have to wait. Ben, John and I will probably do Millies before Nicoletta opens. Since you work in the area, if you wanted to join us, you're welcome to. We don't have a date yet- it'll most likely be when John's mobile schedule starts settling down a bit.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »
or any weekday  ;) looks like I am in on the New Haven tour as well !  :P
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »
I gave Osteria Morini a call and asked the women that answered when Nicoletta was slated to open.  "It was supposed to open this Summer, but then it was pushed to the Fall, and now it's 'indefinite.'"

Michael, aka Za Jr. (thezaman/Larry's son), last I checked, was working at Nicoletta in the city, so perhaps Larry can shed a little more light as to what's going on.

Until then, though, it looks like the mini crawl will have to wait. Ben, John and I will probably do Millies before Nicoletta opens. Since you work in the area, if you wanted to join us, you're welcome to. We don't have a date yet- it'll most likely be when John's mobile schedule starts settling down a bit.

Might be tough right now.  I don't start working again until September so I'm not in the area until then.