Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 223 times)

Offline Bostwick

New Member Intro
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »
My computer skills are pretty poor, I hope I'm doing this right. I've just signed up so I thought I would inrtoduce myself. I live in Northern California and thinking of building an oven in the backyad. Thought this would be a good site to find additional information before and after I build. Just trying to keep my mistakes to a minamum.

Offline bondoman

Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »
Hello and welcome are you making your oven from a kit or from scratch?  I too am thinking about making an oven. My brother inlaw is a brick mason, and he wants to build one.  Forno Bravo is a web site with a ton of info on ovens if you need help.

Offline Bostwick

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »
Hello bondoman. You don't happen to be in the bodyshop bussiness are you? I plan on building my oven by scratch. Before starting I went down to City Planning to get some info. I started telling them what I wanted to do and they started telling me about height restrictions, getting my plans approved, and that I had to get permission from Air Quality Controll! After looking into it some more its not going to be such a big headache. Keep it under 6 foot tall, don't heat home or water, and use it only to cook food I will be all right. :chef: Forno Bravo is the site that changed my mind from barrel vault to dome. When are you going to start yours?

Offline bondoman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, but I am not sure when I will be able to do it.  I would love to do it this summer but not sure if I will be able.... :-\

pizzapan