Author Topic: stefano ferrara, Forno Bravo, pavesi, ambrogi  (Read 4803 times)

Offline ciao10

stefano ferrara, Forno Bravo, pavesi, ambrogi
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:43 AM »
 Looking to get a pizza oven. There is a ton of different ovens out there, i narrowed it down to these 4 companys:

1)Stefano Ferrara,
2)Forno Bravo,
3)Pavesi,
4)Ambrogi

Im looking to get a gas oven, and all companys offer a gas fitment. As i compare them more and more the Stefano Ferrarra appers to be the best one of the group with the quality of the oven, and materials used. the pavesi and forno bravo, are very similar, and the ambrogi, looks like a very nice oven with good quality aswell, but cant really find too much info on it.

Does anyone have any thoughts, info, on any of these ovens...which one would you consider the best? ???

looking to do napoletana style pizza.

Thanks for all the help and info! :pizza:

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: stefano ferrara, Forno Bravo, pavesi, ambrogi
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
Your #1 choice looks like the best choice. The reason FB and Pavesi look very similar is because they are the same ovens. FB ovens used to be made by Pavesi(FB commercial ovens), that's why their older Modena2G models used to have that P on the arch of the ovens mouth and now that don't. FB basically ripped them off. I've got an Ambrogi WFO, and while it's a great oven I can't see going anything but a built Neapolitan oven for commercial use.

Do you mind me asking why you want to go gas and not wood? Is it because of HD issues? Running gas at those temps can't be cheaper than using wood, it's definitely cleaner(no spliting, stacking, if space is an issue), but it's hard to believe it's cheaper.

Offline ciao10

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »
Your #1 choice looks like the best choice. The reason FB and Pavesi look very similar is because they are the same ovens. FB ovens used to be made by Pavesi(FB commercial ovens), that's why their older Modena2G models used to have that P on the arch of the ovens mouth and now that don't. FB basically ripped them off. I've got an Ambrogi WFO, and while it's a great oven I can't see going anything but a built Neapolitan oven for commercial use.

Do you mind me asking why you want to go gas and not wood? Is it because of HD issues? Running gas at those temps can't be cheaper than using wood, it's definitely cleaner(no spliting, stacking, if space is an issue), but it's hard to believe it's cheaper.

The reason for gas is its more convenient, and the wood we have here is mostly pine.. Which isn't good so we would have to the the wood from British Colombia Canada. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. The natural gas here is cheaper then to get wood. Also like you mentioned its cleaner
For home use definitely wood..but for commercial its a different. Lots of factors that you have to consider like space, cost and transportation of wood, living in Canada weather doesn't help a lot of snow. Dont get me wrong I would love wood..its just not sensible to go that route for us.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:41:38 PM by ciao10 »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

The reason for gas is its more convenient, and the wood we have here is mostly pine.. Which isn't good so we would have to the the wood from British Colombia Canada. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. The natural gas here is cheaper then to get wood. Also like you mentioned its cleaner
For home use definitely wood..but for commercial its a different. Lots of factors that you have to consider like space, cost and transportation of wood, living in Canada weather doesn't help a lot of snow. Dont get me wrong I would love wood..its just not sensible to go that route for us.

Makes sense. I still think that the SF is the best oven you can get. It will do great Neapolitan pizzas with the gas. Here is a video of a gas SF doing Neapolitan pizzas
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcH1efI87l4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcH1efI87l4</a>
. He had a bunch of pictures on his site but he took them down for some reason.

Edit" I found them http://www.dinosantonicola.com/dinosantonicola.com/Dino_Santonicola/My_Albums/Pages/International_Pizza_Expo_2011_-_Las_Vegas.html
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:58:21 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:47:36 PM »
pictures also show a hobart mixer for dough. seem it can work for Neapolitan dough.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »
Larry,
good catch on the hobart   Maybe because of the power availabale there at the show?
sure does look good to me. And Antonoino Esposito the X Caputo guy inthe San Felice booth :)  I love the Stefano oven by far my favorite.
John
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:55:24 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline ciao10

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
So out of the companya listed stfano is by far the best one? With quality, workmanship and materials used? To create a awesome tasting N. Style pizza?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »
I've never used a SF oven but if you look at all the pictures and reviews of places using SF or Neapolitan built ovens compared to others that are using precast ovens there are differences. The oven isn't going to matter if you don't have great dough, a good stick man, and a pizza maker who knows what he's doing. But having the right oven makes everything a whole lot easier. When your at a commercial level you don't want your main piece of equipment giving you problems.

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:47:02 AM »
Hi Ciao 10,

Sorry for coming in so late.

Have you considered the Acunto oven? There are 2 Acunto's that make ovens. Gianni Acunto supplied Keste in New York City whose pies are regarded as some of the best Neapolitan pies around. I heard that he is putting the same in his new project - Don Antonios in NYC......

Best of luck.

Barry inn Cape Town.

Offline kuppelofen

• Pizzaoven germany
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »
Hi

i advise you to buy the ambrogi. I know ambrogi ovens more than 10 years old. There condition is like the state at the first day.
Here you find some information and videos about ambrogi ovens.
http://www.kuppelofen.de/mec80.html

Offline Chris Velardi

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
How about Coal or Wood/gas combo Ovens ? My favorite pies are out of New Haven where both Sally's and Pepe's use coal .

pizzapan