Author Topic: Cold Rise Dough Method Question?  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: Cold Rise Dough Method Question?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
Hi Mike.

I had some cold rise dough left in the refrigerator, which gave it three days to do it's thing. I took your advice and tried the make THIN crust pizza with POWER flour. This was not a pre-mix power flour either. I rolled it out very thin and placed it right onto the oven rack without a pan at 475 degrees. Very light on the cheese this time too. It turned out pretty good. Take a look at the photo. (I cut the pizza in half before I thought about taking a picture) Thanks again for the advice.

TOM

PS
My wife and kids liked it and that's all that really matters!  LOL

Tom,

Never, ever, roll out the dough. I don't care what some recipes ask for, say or what others suggest.

IMHO, it just simply destroys the dough, not to mention the degassing that's going on. I strongly suggest you learn how to hand-stretch a dough/skin.

Here's a great video that should get you started:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYqw1CLZsA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYqw1CLZsA</a>

With that said, I think the pie looks fine. Seems like you're on the right track. Very nice  :)
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 01:59:58 AM »
WOW!!! What an amazing clip. Thanks for posting it. I am going to give this method a try. Thanks again Mike.

Tom

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:34 AM »
Hi "Pete-zza", dmcavanagh, & Essen1

I wanted to thank you all for your advice and help. Tonight I made a pizza dough from PF MONDKO and a little PF POWER flour combined. I actually pressed out the dough this time and used a better cooking surface. A mesh type circle. I used a pre-made pizza sauce, "Pizaaiola Pizza Sauce", by Stanislaus Foods. Mozz Cheese and Pepperoni. While i am still an experimenting amateur, it turned out very good. Everyone like it. thanks for all your help. I will continue to work on my pizza skills. but most of all, I am having fun doing this and everyone wants to try the pizza. Thanks again.

Tom
PS
see attachments
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:48:35 AM by TomN »

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 02:47:29 AM »
More attachments

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »
ALSO,  I returned my pizza docker. No Need for it.  Nearly everyone I talked to, does NOT use one.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 04:38:28 AM »
Tom
Nice lookin pie, you are definitely on the right track. I sent you a message, would like to hear some feedback on how you like the Pizzaioli sauce you used.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
Tom,

You are making good progress on your pizzas!  :)  Very tasty looking pie.  :pizza:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!