Author Topic: Noobie to Forums  (Read 193 times)

Offline D3m3rz3l

Noobie to Forums
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
Hello Pizza Makers,

Although I am an expert in eating pizza, I am quite new to making my own. I have recently learned of the amazing power of KASL and was researching how to find it locally. In my search for KASL, I have stumbled upon your site. I am eager to get to reading all there is here. My first impression is that ya'll got this pizza-making thing down to a science. (and who doesn't like science?) :)

I am employed as a network engineer in the Chicago area. I worked as a pizza cook at a local pizzeria when I was in high school. I am a homebrewer and have been brewing ale for about 8 years. As I am no stranger to yeast, I think that the transition from beer to bread/pizza dough should be an easy one for me. I grew up here in Chicago and have always known the joy of great pizza. Recently, I have discovered Piece Pizza up on the Near North Side and I am determined to create a pizza similar to theirs. They specialize in New Haven style pizza. Deep dish is great and all, but it ain't got nothin on New Haven style. I've never been to Connecticut, but I'd really like to travel to NH and try out Pepe's.

Anyways, I am glad to be here and look forward to sharing my pizza success (or lack thereof) with you all.

Fav pizza: New Haven style with pepperoni and onion.