Author Topic: New member saying hi  (Read 139 times)

Offline Seven

New member saying hi
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »
Hello, everyone...my name is John and I'm a pizza addict. Seriously, though, this site has been a tremendous source of knowledge and ideas and entertainment as I try my hand at some homemade pizzas. I've made homemade "pizzas" on and off throughout the years but I was never happy with the results other than the pride of making the pies myself. Taste, texture, everything else (besides toppings!) have been a disappointment to me so I'm here to learn and, perhaps some day, contribute. Here's a little background in case anyone is interested...

My parents are off-the-boat Italians and my mom was an incredible home cook, capable of feeding masses of people in a little, tiny kitchen. She would make homemade pizza on occassion but my dad, for some unexplainable reason, is not a pizza fan. My mom's pizzas were anything but traditional but I loved them. I'm not trying to replicate her recipe (at least not right now) but it's something I may pursue in the future. I lived in Philadelphia for 36 years and there was no shortage of pizzerias in the area to choose from. I now live in Western Chester County, PA and good pizza is a bit harder to find, even harder to find a place that delivers, hence my pursuit of homemade. My wife's family is also off-the-boat Italians (off the plane, actually) and owned pizzerias in Chester County in the past. Unfortunately, they all retired or moved onto other things before I had the chance to try them. Replicating my wife's dad's and brother's pies is yet another reason behind my desire to make homemade pizzas. I plan on picking their brains every chance I get!!!

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: New member saying hi
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
Welcome Seven, glad you are here. We love Italian families. :chef: :pizza:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

pizzapan