Author Topic: Need a recipe for Garlic Chicken white sauce Pizza & a BBQ chicken Pizza  (Read 3459 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
I have friends coming over to my house for a Super Bowl Party and someone requested a garlic chicken pizza. Also, another person asked for a BBQ chicken pizza. Does anyone have a recipe for a Garlic Chicken White sauce Pizza?  I am also looking for a BBQ chicken recipe. I can make the dough, I just need help with the sauce and toppings. I am curious to see what is working for everyone who makes these types of Pizza. Any recipes would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Need a recipe for Garlic Chicken white sauce Pizza & a BBQ chicken Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »

Tom,

I donít know if you want to try the recipe Bill gave me for Big Bob Gibsonís white BBQ sauce, but at Reply 47 he gave me the link to the recipe.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.msg89914.html#msg89914  Bill posts at Reply 68 that the Gibsonís sauce in the recipe is a little watery for a pizza, so watch how much water is added. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.msg91089.html#msg91089  If you want to see the pictures on what it looked like on the my pizza, they are at Reply 47 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12463.msg120341.html#msg120341  The sauce recipe Bill gave me was very tasty.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »
Tom, I have tried the recipe from the link provided by Norma, it is easy and turns out well if you cut back on the water. One of my go to white sauces is a coconut milk with roasted garlic. Cut the tops off of two whole heads of garlic and drizzle olive oil over the exposed cloves. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 to 375 for 45 minutes or until the cloves are a light golden brown, do not allow to burn. When cooled pop the cloves out and finely chop with a stick blender, mini food processor or regular blender with a tablespoon of olive oil. Chunky is ok. Add to a small sauce pan with 1 cup coconut milk with 2 teaspoons corn starch and over low heat allow to reduce and thicken, do not allow to boil and stir every once in awhile. It will thicken more upon cooling. I have also used the skinned garlic cloves in a bottle, covered with olive oil in a small sauce pan and fried until the cloves are golden brown. I save the oil after draining off for other use. BBQ sauce follows.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:57:05 AM by buceriasdon »

buceriasdon

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:55:48 AM »
A recipe easy to modify to your own tastes:
1 C. Coca Cola or Dr. Pepper
1 C. Heinz spicy ketchup
2 T. A-1 sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Balsamic vinegar if you have on hand, other can be used
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. chayenne pepper powder
1/2 t. Liquid smoke, added at the end
1 T. Habanero or other hot sauce, optional
Add all ingredients excpt the liquid smoke to a sauce pan, bring to a boil then turn down to simmer until reduced to a thick sauce. Stir in liquid smoke and adjust seasoning. I use habanero sauce in mine but it's fine without.
Don

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »
Bob,

For a BBQ pizza, you might take a look at the following one that was patterned after a Papa John's BBQ pizza: Reply 35 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6758.msg60197.html#msg60197.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
Tom,

Peter also gave a link to CPKI copycat BBQ chicken pizza at Reply 50 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.msg89923.html#msg89923

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »
I appreciate all the comments. Thank you. Any recipes that might use an already made BBQ sauce (KC BBQ or Sweet Baby Ray's etc...) or Alfredo white sauce, then add your own chicken, etc... I am sure many people would say that this is the easy way out. However, it is super bowl and I will have 4 pizzas to make, so I want an EASY way out, (recipe) for the BBQ chicken or Alfredo pizza. Any thoughts??? Thank you
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:25:45 AM by TomN »

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
Any Thoughts on this recipe??? Anything you would add or take away?? Obviously, I will use my own dough.

http://www.1pizzasecrets.com/kc-masterpiece-barbecue-chicken-pizza/

Ingredients:
We Recommend using the 1PIZZASECRETS DOUGH RECIPE, but dough/shells purchased from a store can also be used.

1 1/2 cups of cooked cubed chicken
1 cup of your favorite KC Masterpiece Barbecue sauce
2 oz shredded Gouda cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1 Tbsp of parmesan and romano cheese blend
1/2 tsp dried sweet basil

buceriasdon

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
Tom, That is a fine recipe,well, except for the BBQ sauce brand. If that's all you find then go with it. My favorite OTC sauce was Stubbs Original, sadly not here in Mexico, so I make my own.
Also there are a number of OTC Alfredo sauces that are not half bad for white sauce but apply thinly.
Don

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
buceriasdon,

Thanks for the reply. When you make a BBQ chicken pizza, do you want a sweeter sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray's)  or is it better to have less sweet BBQ sauce??? I am sure it is a matter of taste, but what is most common? I have never tried a BBQ pizza before.

buceriasdon

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:38 PM »
Depending on where folks are from my experience has been most people prefer a sweeter sauce with just a bit of chili bite at the end, a bit of heat that lingers. Here is one thing I have discovered about sauces when used with cheese, the cheese mellows out the kick in sauces. Whether it be some fiery Thai sauce, and believe me, I've made some sauce that would have a grown man begging for milk or a sweeter Kansas City BBQ sauce I found the answer is upon tasting the sauce alone if it seems a bit too tangy, it's most likely going to work. That's the problem I have with most bottled sauces, many, not all, are meant to be tasted alone with meat, not with meat and cheese and are just sweet. They have a processed sweetness without depth or character and the cheese just makes them boring. If your bottled sauce has a bit of a kick to it, not some namby pamby girlie sauce, it will work just fine. It's all about balancing flavors whether sweet or spicy or salty, the most interesting to the tongue and brain is a pleasing blend of flavors, not one thing overpowering another.
Don

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:51:06 AM »
buceriasdon (Don),

I purchased a bottle of Stubbs and i am going to give the BBQ recipe a try. i will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

TomN

PS
Now all i have to do , is figure out what wine goes best with BBQ pizza

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 01:44:08 AM »
buceriasdon (Don),

I sent and email to Stubbs for any recipe that might have for BBQ chicken Pizza. They replied with this attachment. Enjoy

TomN

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »
I have to say that I would rather have basil than Cilantro on my pizza. So, I am leaning toward the previous recipe that used KC BBQ, but trying your advice with the Stubbs BBQ as a substitute. Your thoughts????

buceriasdon

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
By all means, substitute basil for cilantro.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 12:24:44 AM »
Hi Don, (buceriasdon),

I made four pizzas for Super Bowl Sunday with 22 people and 5 kids at my house. (of course plenty of other foods were there too) One of the four pizzas was the BBQ chicken. I followed the recipe that I posted from the KC Masterpiece BBQ website.

http://www.1pizzasecrets.com/kc-masterpiece-barbecue-chicken-pizza/

1 1/2 cups of cooked cubed chicken
1 cup of your favorite KC Masterpiece Barbecue sauce
2 oz shredded Gouda cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1 Tbsp of parmesan and romano cheese blend
1/2 tsp dried sweet basil

However,  I took your advice and used the Stubbs BBQ sauce instead of the KC Masterpiece BBQ. (I even let people try a sample of the BBQ sauces side by side, and the Stubbs won out) The pizza turned our GREAT. In fact everyone liked it the best of all the pizzas that day. The only request that someone made was:  to use cilantro instead of the basil next time around. LOL  Other than that, the pizza was just fine. Thanks again Don for the tip and advice.

TomN
PS
I meant to take a finished Pizza picture, but when it came out of the oven, people were waiting for a piece. So, I only have a photo of it in the oven.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:14:08 AM by TomN »

buceriasdon

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 08:54:44 AM »
Tom, Glad the party was a success, I'm sure everyone loved your pizzas.
Don

pizzapan