Author Topic: GoreMade Pizza's first Interview  (Read 1316 times)

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
GoreMade Pizza's first Interview
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Nick Gore. I'm slowly in the process of starting a mobile wood fired pizza business called GoreMade Pizza. I'm kinda quiet here on this forum and haven't posted any pictures of my setup or any pizzas, but I thought I'd share with you all a recent interview (my first!) posted this past weekend. They sought me out to ask me some questions. They had a photographer and everything. My 15 minutes of fame ;D

Here's the link; http://www.columbusunderground.com/goremade-mobile-pizza-oven-coming-soon-to-an-event-near-you

I'll post some photos here on the forum of some pizzas some day soon. I know how you all love to ogle over OPP (other people's pizzas).

Cheers!
NickG

Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: GoreMade Pizza's first Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
Congrats on the interview and write-up.  That should help get you started quickly.  Is the Health Dept. cooperating or dragging their feet?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline sajata

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
i assume it's the prep kitchen that the health department is concentrating on?

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
Congrats on the interview and write-up.  That should help get you started quickly.  Is the Health Dept. cooperating or dragging their feet?

Yeah, quicker than I can keep up with! I've already had emails i had to say no to because i'm not legal yet! the health department's been great at answering my questions, but i have yet to have the appointment to have them evaluate my set-up as I'm still without hot running water. I found a guy who's doing an insane amount of modifications to my mobile set-up for next to nothing, but unfortunately the cheapness also equals slowness. I'm learning patience.

i assume it's the prep kitchen that the health department is concentrating on?

I have a winery that is allowing me to use their kitchen for prep/storage and they're already a licensed commercial kitchen. I haven't gotten far enough to see if they're gonna give me %$# about it or not, but i assume it'll be smooth just because they're already up to code. but i'm learning that my assumptions are just that ;)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »
Very cool. I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to ogle on the OPP!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »
Very cool and good luck. Also no offense but when I saw the title I thought it was going to be bloody pizza or something when I read "gore" made.

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
Very cool. I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to ogle on the OPP!

Thanks! I've been ogling your garage awesomeness for a while now, so it's only fair for you to ogle mine. my mobile oven is out back of my garage, where we do pizza sundays. hopefully i'll get some photos this weekend!

Very cool and good luck. Also no offense but when I saw the title I thought it was going to be bloody pizza or something when I read "gore" made.

you aren't the first to say such. it's funny that never crossed my mind until someone mentioned it to me. bloody hell!