Author Topic: Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana  (Read 2500 times)

Offline bakeshack

Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:10:36 AM »
This is a first look on their pies and beautiful oven.  They opened 2 days ago.  I think the oven is nowhere near the ideal temp for NP pizza but that's just me.  I timed the pies and it was right around 1:45.  The place was really nice with a very cool vibe.  The oven is a standout and will attract many customers being visible from the outside.  It is quite nice to see an NP-style pizzeria here in Orange County and I really hope the public will appreciate their style of pizza.  

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:14:39 AM by bakeshack »

Offline bakeshack

Re: Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 05:13:48 AM »
more

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 05:18:24 AM »
Marlon - charge them a small fee and show them how to use that oven! Maybe the cheese could be cut instead of sliced as well. How did the crust taste? Thoughts on fermentation time?

John

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:41:53 AM »
 ;D  I believe they hired a pizzaiolo from Italy because I saw him manning the oven and the dough station while training another guy.  I agree with the cheese.  That was a bufala margherita, btw.  The cheese looked a bit odd for me.  The flavor of the crust was very good.  If I heard correctly, the fermentation time is at 24 hrs RT.  That may be accurate based on the flavor I tasted. 

Marlon

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
Ain't nothing there I wouldn't eat.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
Thanks for the review. I may head out there tomorrow and try it.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »
I went there today for lunch, it was a nice place but I was not very impressed with the pizza. It was the heaviest, breadiest neapolitan pie I have ever had. And the bake was very slow even though they advertise 1000F on their menu.

Offline FuocoPizza

• FuocoPizzeria
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 03:35:17 AM »
It took a few days to work some kinks out. I appreciate the visits and honest, constructive comments. First off, the oven temp is high...I timed a few pizzas tonight and the longest cook time was 85 seconds. The calzones obviously take a bit longer. 1:45 sounds long, perhaps the oven was colder, and I apologize if we didnt deliver a quality product. We have finally nailed down our wood choices and are happy with the heat they produce.

The pizza posted above is a Bufala. Cant cut it up too much or else there will be a lake on the pizza.

Posting some pics of tonights pies. Opinions and comments are always welcome.

Still cant figure out how to make my pics work on this forum. As posted above, 24 hour dough, caputo blue.

http://imageshack.us/f/571/img0097pi.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/641/img0096kgp.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/600/img0094snk.jpg/

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »
Fantastic looking pizza after the adjustments. It looks like you got the oven temp down, and the crust looks light, airy, and nicely blistered. Good luck to you. I am jealous you get to bake pizza in that oven every night!

In regards to bufala, you might try draining the product on absorbent paper towels before service. You will then be able to get the same size piece as fior di latte. If you still have problems with a watery pie, you might also try another source/brand. They do vary wildly in regards to water. Especially if the ones you are using have been previously frozen.

John

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Those pies look better than the ones I and bakeshack received. Maybe it was the difference between afternoon and night?  Maybe since things are working out better for you now after a week or so of being open we will have to come back. Only problem is it is quite a drive for us. Hopefully you guys are staying super busy, best of luck!

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »

Still cant figure out how to make my pics work on this forum.
You have to download an image resizer like this one http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »
That is a beautiful oven, FuocoPizza--- what is the make & size? Your pizzas look excellent.
~Clay

Offline FuocoPizza

• FuocoPizzeria
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
That is a beautiful oven, FuocoPizza--- what is the make & size? Your pizzas look excellent.
~Clay

It's a Stefano Ferrara model 130. Thanks for the kind words.