Author Topic: Frozen Dough in Bulk  (Read 1257 times)

Offline fecpiemaker

Frozen Dough in Bulk
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »
Hello Dough Doctor!!

I have a small pizza franchise in my family entertainment center.  The pizza franchise I bought has lost all its distributors around my location and I cannot their product any longer.  We currently purchase bulk frozen dough balls, let them refrigerate and on about the 2nd day they are perfect to cook.  We take them out, use a presser, then place the pressed dough on a pizza screen.  After adding additional ingredients, we cook on a conveyor belt oven for 7.5 mins at about 700 degrees.  The pizzas come out tasting great.. However, I can't get the product any longer.

Because of the limitations of my kitchen and food storage, I am looking for some pre made, frozen dough balls that I can substitute.   I've read some of the threads about the Sam's doughballs and was wondering if you might know of some other distributors of frozen dough balls... or maybe any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Offline franko9752

Re: Frozen Dough in Bulk
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
Good question. I for now am using Sams club doughballs, the lable says that the distributor is De Lorios out of N.Y. Sams clubs uses a press and a convayor too so it should work ok. I use a deck oven and would prefer a higher gluton content like what i used to mix. Planning on making my own dough soon i hope....Plus the sams dough balls are great streight out the fridge. I posted pics on the "N.Y. style pie?" thread.