Author Topic: Found source for 6-in-1 tomatoes in Raleigh-Durham Area  (Read 2887 times)

Offline giambra

• Pizza on the brain
Found source for 6-in-1 tomatoes in Raleigh-Durham Area
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:15:32 PM »
Have been looking for a retail source of 6-in-1 tomatoes in Raleigh-Durham for quite a while.  I know
Vincent's in Apex (and other areas) had some, but I think they are in large cans. 

I found that the new Kroger in Cary, at High House and 55 carries the 28 oz cans for $1.99.  Not in
the normal tomato section, but same aisle, closer to front of store, in an Italian gourmet section.
I had looked at some other Kroger's before, but no luck, until now.
Tim

Offline dankfoot

• I'm a llama!
Re: Found source for 6-in-1 tomatoes in Raleigh-Durham Area
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:12:28 AM »
Tim,

Thanks for letting me know. That is right up the road.

Chris

Offline pam

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 12:27:33 PM »
The new Kroger on Watkins Rd and the Kroger on North Pointe Dr in Durham carry 6-in-1; not sure about the one on Hillsborough Rd. Look in the Ethnic Food section, not the pasta aisle.
When an eel bites your eye and the pain makes you cry, that's a Moray.

Offline davtrent

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 08:22:03 AM »
The Kroger store in Raleigh, at Six Forks & Wake Forest Rds., also carries 6-in-1 brand tomatoes. 

For those not close to a local source, Escalon.net will deliver 28 oz. cans (in three-packs or multiples thereof) to your door for $2.75 per can (shipping included)!

-Dave

Offline porkbeaks

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 05:21:46 PM »
I just ordered six 28 oz. cans of the 6 in 1 directly from Escalon through their website and the cost was $15.00 shipping INCLUDED. It's $2.50 per can if you order at least 6. The minimum order of 3 cans is priced at $3.33 per can also with shipping included in the price.     Art

Offline davtrent

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 02:04:27 PM »
Escalon seems to have restructured their pricing.

I rechecked www.escalon.net and found that six cans of 6-in-1 brand tomatoes will cost
$15.00 plus $1.50 shipping for a total of $16.50.  This comes to $2.75 per delivered can, as I originally posted

I don't understand how porkbeaks can pay only $2.50 per delivered can.    I wasn't asked for my address before the $1.50 shipping charge was quoted, so I'm guessing it's a flat (averaged) shipping rate for everyone, regardless of their location.

Buying only three cans has become more expensive though... $3.58 per delivered can ($3.33 per can plus 75 cents shipping).

-David 

Offline pam

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 11:04:39 PM »
Why are y'all wasting your money on shipping when Kroger sells 28 oz cans of 6-in-1 for $2.04/can, tax included, and Vinny's Italian Grill in Apex adn Hillsborough sell #10 cans of 6-in-1 for 6 bucks and change, and you can take them home today? ???
When an eel bites your eye and the pain makes you cry, that's a Moray.

pizzapan