Author Topic: Lorenzos Oberlin Ohio  (Read 1494 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Lorenzos Oberlin Ohio
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
So yes I had the pleasure of receivingn 2 pizzas par baked and hand delivered to New Jersy  Larry TheZaMan Himself! Not NY Not Neo and certainly not coal . I Classified it as Mid west American.
I baked them up and fed the Family.  My 6 year old Loved it ! She Even spoke to Larry and told him how good it was  ;D and so did I!  It reminded me a little of what I grew up on in Mass. Greek -ish thickness factor, but softer and more tender. Hard to say on the reaheat but I agree must be great right out of the oven. Lorenzos is cooked in a pan and there is a healthy bit of lard/oil in the pan to help fry the crust. I reheated the first few slices directly on the stone and had to turn th efan on  :-D. For The full cheese pie (and no lack of it) I used my cuttter pan on the stone and it was wonderful!! It almost got away from me to scott!  I like the presentation with the slight dimples around the crust perimeter too! I really enjoyed the spice of the sauce hint of oregano also but not overpowering . The flours I think he said were blended for him. The cheese was just great too! soft and stringy but will not bounce back and slap you in the face.  Larry  has this blended i believe he said in wisconson and he pulls his own cheese daily? I really enjoyed the pizza and this was just a reheat.
Some lucky people live around this place!!
John
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:11:49 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Lorenzos Oberlin Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:40 AM »
John,

Nice write-up of Larry’s pies!  :) I loved pizzas baked in a pan so I would have really liked to tasted Larry pizza.  The cheese does sound delicious.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
I ate yours!  :P I do  have some Sicilian oregano on the stick from larry for you and Steve from Larry please pm me your address so I can send it to you guys it was a great tour for sure! Pie was very good cheese nice and guey  !
Soft and tasty

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
I ate yours!  :P I do  have some Sicilian oregano on the stick from larry for you and Steve from Larry please pm me your address so I can send it to you guys it was a great tour for sure! Pie was very good cheese nice and guey  !
Soft and tasty

John,

Darn you for eating mine!  :-D Wow, that was really nice of Larry to want to give Steve and me Sicilian oregano on the stick.  ;D I am anxious to taste the Sicilian oregano on the stick.  I will PM you my address.

I sure wish Steve and I could have been along on the tour.  :( I don’t know if you know this, but Steve and I both used our GPS to see how long it would have taken to get to where the pizza fanatics tour would have started in NJ and it would have taken about 3 hrs for Steve or about 3 ½ hrs for me to go one way.  Since where you started the NJ pizza tour was almost in NY, that is how far away it was from our area. 

I love really good cheese that is nice and gooey!  :P

Norma

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »
Yeah, sorry We had to miss the tour. It looks like you guys had another fantastic day, and Larrys Lorenzos pizzas look great too!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:03 PM »
I am a pizza freak yes, but not sure I would do 6 hours driving for a few NY slices.
Will get your oregano stick in the mail when I get back   am Orlando fla on vacation
Jon

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
  oberlin to jersey 7.5 hours for a few cuts.since I'm here i think I'll go into the city and help my son move.   :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »

Will get your oregano stick in the mail when I get back   am Orlando fla on vacation
Jon

John,

Thanks for saying you will get Larry’s stick oregano in the mail for Steve and me when you get back from your vacation.  :) Enjoy your vacation!   ;D

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:52 AM »
I have been using the Sicillian oregano from Larry and its good stuff.  Thanks Larry.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:02:20 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
  oberlin to jersey 7.5 hours for a few cuts.since I'm here i think I'll go into the city and help my son move.   :-D

Larry,

You are a true pizza fanatic!  :-D  I don’t think I would drive 7.5 hrs. for any pizza.

Norma

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
I would not drive that far just for the pizza. It's the comaraderie that tempted me to make the journey. Maybe next time.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
I would not drive that far just for the pizza. It's the comaraderie that tempted me to make the journey. Maybe next time.

Ditto.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
 norma, i always tie a work related trip to a pizza tasting. usually the work part is to satisfy my wonderful wife. she is going to Italy with me next month and it is understood a lot of pizzerias will be visited in Rome and Naples.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
norma, i always tie a work related trip to a pizza tasting. usually the work part is to satisfy my wonderful wife. she is going to Italy with me next month and it is understood a lot of pizzerias will be visited in Rome and Naples.

Larry,

It is good you can always tie a work related trip to a pizza tasting. You still are a true pizza fanatic even if you tie work with being able to try new pizzas.  :-D

I hope your wife and you have a great time in Rome and Naples.  ;D  I am sure you will have a great time.  Looking forward to your posts about the trip too!

For some reason I really dislike long road trips in cars. 

Norma

pizzapan