Author Topic: Pie-tanza;"gourmet wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza"  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Jet_deck

Pie-tanza;"gourmet wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza"
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:20:52 PM »
The wood fired claim to fame comes by way of an Earthstone oven.  The menu states that the oven runs in excess of 700*.

I ordered a Margherita and added prosciutto.  I watched the oven guy abuse the dough ball.  No attempt was made to form the edge.  In fact the etire edge was pressed out thin with the fingertips, so violently that he left impressions of his fingers. :'(

While I timed the lightning quick bake time of 4 minutes, I noticed the Stanislaus Full Red cans on the shelf.  The sauce had chunks of tomato in it, so I knew it was full red + something.  Visually the pizza was stunning, except for the crust.

Behind the restraunt, the workers had set up camp, to smoke during break.  The ash cans were also in file 13.

I would not doubt that this was a bread flour dough.  She said that it was made fresh this morning, and it showed.

http://pie-tanza.com/index.html
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Pie-tanza;"gourmet wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
I get the impression you were a bit underwhelmed by your experience at Pie-Tanza?  How did the pizza taste? What was the can under the Stanislaus can in the last photo?

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
I get the impression you were a bit underwhelmed by your experience at Pie-Tanza?  How did the pizza taste? What was the can under the Stanislaus can in the last photo?

I was underimpressed mostly because of the relatively thin and not really soft crust.  The pizza was oversauced for my preference, the fresh basil, mozz, and prosciutto made up for alot of the "shorcomings".  It was ok, I just expected more from the claim of "gourmet wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza"

I just noticed that other can, I did not investigate it.

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »
What was the can under the Stanislaus can in the last photo?

I had a little tomato butterfly come by my ear and it said: http://www.rosellifoods.com/tomatoproducts.html

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »
Well, there you go. :)

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
The tomato butterfly whispered in my ear incorrectly.  Try US Foods here (Roseli) http://usfoodsight.purpleplanet.com/additional-products-roseli.html

:-D :chef: :pizza: :chef: :-D