Author Topic: newby  (Read 366 times)

Offline mainfeature

newby
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
Hi Pizza People!

I am new to this forum.  We purchased a pizza theater.  (you eat your pizza while you watch a movie!)   I am looking for ideas for the menu and also how to save money on ingredient amounts Like measuring the amounts you put on a given size.  Everything from sauce to meat!   Needing some advice on that! 
Thanks!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: newby
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Hi Pizza People!

I am new to this forum.  We purchased a pizza theater.  (you eat your pizza while you watch a movie!)   I am looking for ideas for the menu and also how to save money on ingredient amounts Like measuring the amounts you put on a given size.  Everything from sauce to meat!   Needing some advice on that! 
Thanks!

mainfeature,

Welcome to the forum!  :) It will be interesting to see how a pizza theater operates.  Hope you keep us updated.

I donít know if this will be helpful to you, but I did copy the Burke portion guide at Reply 4 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14822.msg147190.html#msg147190

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
Hi Pizza People!

Thanks!

Don't let your employees eyeball the toppings. Have color-coded measures for sauce, cheese, and the different toppings. Take the guesswork out of it. Write up your recipes using the colors rather than volumetric amounts (i.e 1 red scoop of sausage topping as opposed to 1/2 cup of sausage topping). Have pictures of both the unbaked and baked pies on the menu so any cook knows what it should look like when he is making it and before it is served to the customer. Not only will this help to control cost, but it will also help you get out a consistant product. Good pizza is important, consistently good pizza keeps them coming back.

My $0.02.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »
As for menu items, are you looking for non-pizza ideas or pizza ideas? or both?

What are the demographics of your clientele? Where are you located?

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »
Have pictures of both the unbaked and baked pies on the menu so any cook knows what it should look like when he is making it and before it is served to the customer.
Craig
For all of the kitchen staff have pictures of both the unbaked and baked pies of all the pizzas from the menu, so any cook knows what it should look like when he is making it and before it is served to the customer.

Craig, I just didn't want him putting both pictures on the menu by accident. :-D :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

pizzapan