Author Topic: Caputo pizza flour in Atlanta?  (Read 5014 times)

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
Caputo pizza flour in Atlanta?
« on: March 03, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »
Hey all. Great forum. I'd like to try this Caputo pizza flour, but ordering it from Pennmac costs way way more in shiipping than the flour costs.

Anyone know if it is sold in Atlanta? Maybe we can get a 50lb bag and split it amongst some members here ?

jason

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Caputo pizza flour in Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:10:55 PM »
Jason,

If you go to this thread, http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2594.0.html, you will see that International Gourmet is one of the stocking distributors of the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour, with an operation in Atlanta. However, having spoken with IG (in their Virginia operation), I know that they don't sell to individuals. But if you look at Reply 4 at the above thread, you will see that they may accommodate you by giving you the name of an account through which you might be able to find a source of the flour.

You might also check the shipping charges for the Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour from chefswarehouse.com to see how it compares with PennMac's shipping charges. Not all companies use the identical shipping algorithm.

Peter

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »
Thanks peter. What do i need to buy as a business, i have an LLC that i could use.

jason

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
Jason,

Not being in the business, I'm not sure exactly what you would need. I suppose if you had a tax ID that might be enough. The best way to get answer would be to call IG and ask them.

Peter

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:49:36 PM »
Thanks, i sure will monday! I'll post my findings today.

jason

Offline atlgirl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:17:56 PM »
Hi Jason,

I also live in the Atlanta area and this past weekend I stopped in at a local Italian shop that just opened.  While talking to the owners who are from New Jersey they mentioned if there was anything I wanted, they would be happy to ask their distributor and have it sent with their shipment.  I did ask about the Caputo Flour 00 Pizzeria and they were going to find out if they could get it and what size bags they were.  I will be happy to let you know what they come up with and to share the shipment with you.

Gail

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »
Hey, i called that distributor for the southeast, Itnernational gourmet or whatever in Pete's list. They are willing to sell me a bag of it, 55lbs, for only $26. I can use my tax id, doesn't matter if i'm not in the business.

2 problems. 1, i have to go during the week to pick it up, and it is super far. 2, i asked the guy if it said "pizzeria" on the bag, and he said all it said was "tipo 00", which leads me to believe it isn't the pizzeria one, but the Extra Blu, which i don't want.

I might just order 10lbs from pennmac, and see if i like it.

let me know what you find, gail.
jason

Offline lsh3rd

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
If you are still looking for Caputo flour in Atlanta, give this place a try:
http://www.e48thstreetmarket.com/

The 1kg bags are $2.99 and the people there are very friendly.  Give it a look!

Larry Harris

pizzapan