Author Topic: Ditmas Park Brooklyn Grandma/Square Pizza Crawl 2/18 Midday  (Read 1917 times)

Offline scott123

Re: Ditmas Park Brooklyn Grandma/Square Pizza Crawl 2/18 Midday
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
That is very kind of you to say, Adam.

Speaking of kindness (or lack thereof), a recent visit to Slice brought one of my old posts to my attention:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10853.msg105438.html#msg105438

I had, honestly, completely forgotten about that post. I can't believe I said that.  I tend to be a bit combative about protecting NY culture and view chain pizza as a personal enemy, but that post was/is just plain harsh. If it's any consolation, a big part of the knee jerk reaction was based on the fact that I was/am such a massive fan of yours and that I felt let down (at the time) by what I perceived as cavorting with the enemy. I don't perceive it that way now- at all. It was a sentiment that I might have felt okay expressing at that moment, but, when I look at it now, I regret the tone that I took and am truly sorry.

The fact that you were able to look past that post and converse with me in such a friendly manner on Saturday is a testament to your tremendous magnanimity and depth of character.

Offline akuban

• Supporting Member
  • Crusty, saucy, cheesy
    • Famous Original A's
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »
Scott123: Don't worry about it! I understand where you were coming from. I think this is something the internet calls "care mad." I get that way all the time. It was great finally meeting you. Still digesting a lot of what you talked about. And big thanks to JohnnyDoubleU for organizing the field trip. We should all try to do more of these.
¡Hasta la pizza!

Offline scott123

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »
Adam, we should definitely do more of these.  Every time I attend a get together, my expectations are always huge, but I try to temper them a bit, because you really never know how group events will go. Each time, though, my huge expectations are surpassed.

If conversing online were comparable to doing cocaine*, then talking to fellow obsessives in person is like doing crack ;D It's not typing, then waiting for a response, then typing some more. It's 5 hours of non stop, uncut, pure, interactive bliss. I believe our group started off with a few people that really liked pizza but were not quite so fanatical, and the intensity of our discussion earned us a few strange looks.  Let me tell you, if this kind of discourse earns me strange looks from the less fanatical, then bring them on!

As much as I live for eating pizza, talking about pizza can be equally as fulfilling- and talking to people that are as knowledgeable as this bunch- just stick the needle in my arm.  At this point, if a potential get together arises, schedule permitting, I am SO there.

And, definitely a huge thanks to John for organizing this. What a host!  He arranged a seamless event, brought chunks of parm and wine to share, gave a historical tour of the area, arranged for a trivia contest with prizes- talking about going above and beyond!

*Just say "no" to drugs, but say "yes" to pizza obsession.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:53:04 AM by scott123 »

Offline johnnydoubleu

• Thrill junkie. Baker. Cook. Coder. Aesthete.
    • johnwozniak.com
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
I just gotta say -- we had such an awesome crew this past Saturday. The sun was shining, the pizza yummy and the convos and company great fun!

Thanks to everyone who came out for making the crawl such a success! We should def do something similar in the (near) future! :)

Offline johnnydoubleu

• Thrill junkie. Baker. Cook. Coder. Aesthete.
    • johnwozniak.com
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Adam's recap of our adventures is up! :D Thanks @AK for helping me shine a little bit of a light on places and hoods that are a little off the beaten path and deserving of some love!

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/02/lo-duca-and-san-remo-a-ditmas-park-square-pizza-mini-crawl.html