Author Topic: DP 1100 Manual Dough Press  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Jwilli

DP 1100 Manual Dough Press
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
So I'm working with new ways to sheet or press our dough for efficiency.  I found a used dough pro and started playing with it.  I'm kind of frustrated with the press.  the first dough that i pressed was wonderfully crispy but the rest of the ones i pressed just made me mad.  what's happening now is the dough is super thin in the center and the edge is thick.  I guess my question is why isn't the dough pressing out evenly?  any suggestions of why this is happening?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: DP 1100 Manual Dough Press
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
So I'm working with new ways to sheet or press our dough for efficiency.  I found a used dough pro and started playing with it.  I'm kind of frustrated with the press.  the first dough that i pressed was wonderfully crispy but the rest of the ones i pressed just made me mad.  what's happening now is the dough is super thin in the center and the edge is thick.  I guess my question is why isn't the dough pressing out evenly?  any suggestions of why this is happening?

Jwilli,

I also tried a DoughPro dough press for awhile when I first starting making pizzas.  Maybe it was just me, but I sure didnít like the way the skins were formed using the DoughPro.  Maybe, I didnít give it as much time to learn about it either.  I went to opening all my doughs by hand.

Maybe if you register and also post at PMQTT http://thinktank.pmq.com/ others professional pizza operators might be able to help you. You can do a search using the word doughpro or other words on PMQTT using the search feature.

Norma

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:37:12 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jwilli

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Jwilli,

I also tried a DoughPro dough press for awhile when I first starting making pizzas.  Maybe it was just me, but I sure didnít like the way the skins were formed using the DoughPro.  Maybe, I didnít give it as much time to learn about it either.  I went to opening all my doughs by hand.

Maybe if you register and also post at PMQTT http://thinktank.pmq.com/ others professional pizza operators might be able to help you. You can do a search using the word doughpro or other words on PMQTT using the search feature.

Norma

Thanks Norma

we have a hand formed crust as well for our gourmet pizza lines.  but our staple is midwest thin crust.  i've run about 14 doughs through it so far.  keep getting the same results an absolutely beautiful browning and crisp and fluffy as can be.  i just can't serve a pizza with a really puffy outter edge.

Offline politon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »
what's happening now is the dough is super thin in the center and the edge is thick.  I guess my question is why isn't the dough pressing out evenly?  any suggestions of why this is happening?

Check this doughpro promo video, it looks like it's intended to press out a thin center with a puffy rim:

http://www.viddler.com/v/5c81acd5

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 05:59:08 PM »
  any suggestions of why this is happening?

Are the plates bent?  Are you using the spray?  Do you put the dough on it naked or in plastic wrap?  My local place uses one all the time but it is not thin crust.  After they press one, they always still toss it by hand.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

pizzapan