Author Topic: Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown  (Read 1296 times)

Offline hockman4357

Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
The Polder scale that I purchased at Costco seems to work well but the auto shutdown really drives me crazy!  It seems to be shutting down much sooner than the 3 minute mark.  What scale can you recommend that allows the auto shutdown to be turned off or at least saves the displayed weight prior to shutdown?

Offline 02ebz06

Re: Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
I just bought an Escali Model 136DK. Just received it today as a matter of fact.
I tested the Auto-Off function and it turned off after about 10 min. (Manual says after 5).
However I also bought the A/C power adapter and when you use it, it overrides the auto-off function and does not shut off.
It weighs up to 13 lbs., has a tare function and does Grams, Ounces, KG/gm and LB/Oz.
The platform is removable for cleaning.
Some useless information -- My cell phone weighs 132 grams.   :-D

Offline johnon

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
Go over to amazingribs.com

Under "buyers guide"  he has a few recommendations on best scales.

It is an excellent site for recipes, methods, etc.  He has tested pretty much everything.

Offline mykall

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »
The Polder scale that I purchased at Costco seems to work well but the auto shutdown really drives me crazy!  It seems to be shutting down much sooner than the 3 minute mark.  What scale can you recommend that allows the auto shutdown to be turned off or at least saves the displayed weight prior to shutdown?

Hockman,

I have the Polder KSC-305 and mine does the exact same thing.  Barely 5 seconds and it's out.  I emailed the company and they're sending me another one.  I can't imagine they wouldn't test it before they send it as I read a review somewhere that mentioned the same thing.  On mine if you look closely it's only the back light that goes out you can still read the numbers but they're faint. 

pizzapan