Author Topic: Opening soon, Donaldo's Casa de Pizza  (Read 20392 times)

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Opening soon, Donaldo's Casa de Pizza
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »
Hi Don,

I got in on this thread kind of late but I just wanted to congratulate you on the new venture, and wish you well.  I really like the design you came up with for your sign. It's really happy and fun.  I know you will make great pizza there once you get all the oven problems resolved.  Puerto Vallarta will now have great pizza. 

Regards,

TinRoof

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Hang in there, Don! I'm sure that after all the troubles are over, your success will be that much sweeter! ;D

buceriasdon

« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
In my close to eleven years living in Mexico I have learned that when they say "manana" it doesn't necessarily mean tomorrow, it just means not today. I eventually had to call around six only to be told, yes, you guessed right "manana".
Don

Offline RamirOk

• Personal site
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »
Don, sorry for the bad experiences that you are passing by my countrymen, that happens a lot especially in the south, I don't know if you have been in the north but at least here in Monterrey we live with more faster pace, here is widely used the saying that we need it yesterday.
I hope you really have a better day tomorrow.

buceriasdon

« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Always endeavor to perserver the saying goes. Finally, at long last, my oven can hit 300 Celsius , 572 F on the hearth. Took the man all of fifteen minutes to make the change. Took me three weeks to get the change made but it's done, I signed off on the oven this afternoon. So now I can start baking some trial pizza on Friday. I thank everyone for your continued support.
Best regards, Don

Offline namssalg

« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Congrats. Great news.

Offline franko9752

« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
Always endeavor to perserver the saying goes. Finally, at long last, my oven can hit 300 Celsius , 572 F on the hearth. Took the man all of fifteen minutes to make the change. Took me three weeks to get the change made but it's done, I signed off on the oven this afternoon. So now I can start baking some trial pizza on Friday. I thank everyone for your continued support.
Best regards, Don
Yes!!!!!! Maybe soon we can see what that oven can do. I know now you will be busy making pies :pizza: but try to find the time to show us since we have been through alot of obsticals here on this thread. Time to get cooking :chef:

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »
Good news Don.  Go kick some pizza as$ tomorrow.

Maybe "pico a pico" could be a slogan for "pizza by the meter" or pizza by the length...

Anywho, break a pizza. :chef: :pizza:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »
Don,

I'm a bit late since I have taken, and am still taking, a hiatus from making pizza, but I just wanted you to accept my condolences for your recent loss.

I wish you all the luck you need with you new endeavor. Hopefully you will rock Bucerias' pizza scene!  :)
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
Don, Out of curiosity how much are you charging for your pizzas? Are you targeting tourists or the locals?

I've been to PV and I must say it was hard to tell if the average person there was poor or pretty well off. I don't have any other city to compare it with, but my overall impression was the shopkeepers do fairly well there.

buceriasdon

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2012, 07:27:15 AM »
Mike, Always good to hear from you. :D Dan, my market will be locals so my prices will be lower than what I could charge if I was located in the tourist zone. I have no intention of trying to convert them to artisan pizza. There were simply no spaces available along the main tourist street. This was by far the best space I could find and is along a very heavily traveled street both by foot and car.
Don
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:29:03 AM by buceriasdon »

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
Mike, Always good to hear from you. :D Dan, my market will be locals so my prices will be lower than what I could charge if I was located in the tourist zone. I have no intention of trying to convert them to artisan pizza. There were simply no spaces available along the main tourist street. This was by far the best space I could find and is along a very heavily traveled street both by foot and car.
Don

And you know there is a certain group of tourists that are always looking for great places the locals go. You will want to get on Facebook and Twitter and start tweeting about your new pizza place in Puerto Vallarta.  I'm not sure how into social media you are, but if you get the right buzz going you will get plenty of gringos seeking you out. 

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
How did your Friday trials go? Hopefully the 13th wasn't a bad omen for you. Sounds like you're positioned in a great spot. You'll capture the local clientele and get the adventurous tourists looking for a non-tourist place. With the lower prices they'll feel like they are getting a deal. Are you selling slices?

buceriasdon

« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »
tinroofrusted, I'm North of Puerto Vallarta in Bucerias, the next largest town in the Banderas Bay.
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »
Dan, I most definately will be selling slices. I have a number of young people pass by on their way to afternoon classes or returning from school.
Don

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »
tinroofrusted, I'm North of Puerto Vallarta in Bucerias, the next largest town in the Banderas Bay.
Don

Ok, you are a ways up there. I just looked you up on Google Maps.  You are right next to the wild area where they have caymans in the rivers, etc., right? It's really beautiful up there as I recall.  Let me know when you are ready for some tweets.  What's your street address? 

buceriasdon

« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
Tinroofrusted, Yes, we have some good sized crocs around the area. Tragically a couple of months ago one got a hold of a man and killed him. Ok, the moment we all been waiting for. That's right, a picture of Alejandra's canned tuna pizza just baked today. I had one slice, quite good. I am very pleased with the oven, actually I had to turn it down. Getting great oven spring and the crust is very favorful for a one day CF, better than anything around these parts.
Don
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:43:12 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline franko9752

« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
Way to go! Great to see you are finally happy with oven temp. I am honered to view one of the first official

Donaldo's pies.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
Don,

Congrats on the first pie out of your new oven.  ;D  It looks very good.  Looking forward to seeing more.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline DNA Dan

« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
Damn Don you're living the dream. I'm so jealous. Pie looks fantastic!