Author Topic: Opening soon, Donaldo's Casa de Pizza  (Read 20503 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Opening soon, Donaldo's Casa de Pizza
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »
Bill, I plan to do some weekend "Catch of the Day" specials that won't be on the everyday menu.
Don
p.s. Bill I forgot to say my two girlfriends/partners loved the Focaccia di Recco with Oaxaca cheese and it will be on the menu. Also with chicken. Thanks

"two girlfriends/partners" with you in the restaurant business? Can I option the rights to the reality TV show?

I'm honored the focaccia di Recco will be on your menu. Are you using a wild starter culture in your dough?  

Offline hammettjr

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »
Congrats Don and best of luck!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Way to go Don Love it!! Best of Luck !please put on mapquest shot of exactly where this place is located? If I am in the area I will stop by :)
Hey never know! Congrats no WFO?
JOhn
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

buceriasdon

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
Today the pizzeria was properly christened Mexico style, though a long way from opening. I was working at plumbing in the the kitchen sink with the sign painter out front when two hen chickens(gallas) hopped into the room and proceeded to wander about looking for food, finding none left as they came. Sadly my camera was at my room. I told them to come back later......

Offline JimmyJazz

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
LOL.. well at least the chickens know where the place is!

buceriasdon

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »
Lol Jimmy. Once the sign is done, perhaps today, no one could miss the place. Trust me. I also plan on offering several slider type sandwiches with three types of salad and can't find a mini bun pan so in the spirit of my nature I cut down aluminum beer cans to use as molds, much better than muffin pans. I do have to come up with a way to more quickly cut them. Perhaps some PVC tube slipped inside and cut in a fine cut miter saw.Sorry for the dark picture, I will be making more today though.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
I like your slider molds! Very creative.  Nice smooth cutting, even without a PVC form.  When you have time, could you share your bun recipe?

My favorite slider of all time has to be from the White Castle chain.  When I was a kid in the mountains of Maryland, going there was a special treat.  They were made simply, but with a consistently wonderful taste, close to the In-N-Out burger.   Beef, onion, pickle and cheese on a small soft roll.  I think they steamed the sandwich over the onion pieces. 
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

buceriasdon

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »
pizzaneer, At the moment I am experiment mode, but I am very close to having a recipe nailed. Or two ::)
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »
Ok, Some forward movement, finally..........I purchased the massive 3/4 horsepower 10 liter mixer I was looking at as well as a much better deck oven today. This mixer is one serious piece of machinery. I will have to hire a couple of guys to put it in place or friends ;D. The oven has all stainless exterior and can reach 350 Centegrade, bake four 14" at a time, much better than the first I looked at. As I bought both I got a 32% discount and they will deliver free. Progress.    http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-78170081-batidora-industrial-10qt-uniworld-nueva-super-precio-_JM
Don
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:01:23 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
Pretty sweet setup. I have been following this thread and always check to see if there are pictures. Keep posting.

buceriasdon

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »
Update Thursday morning: I forgot to mention the name has been changed slightly, it will be called Donaldo's Pizza Hogar(home) at the suggestion of my GM. My sign painter had a quick job to do yesterday, hope he's done so he can get back on mine. A very important day as far as establishing the business as a legal identity, getting the name changed at the federal electric company. Once I have that in my hand I can get my business account at the bank set up, as well as my tax and restaurant licenses. Fairly full afternoon of meetings with the Coca Cola rep., the man making the door to the restroom, and getting at least two estimates from carpentry shops for the front counter and wait station. At one time I thought about building them myself but common sense tells me I have more important issues to address. My oven will be delivered by perhaps Monday and I have to learn how to operate it and teach my help at the same time. I am having some problems locating screens but I have located a supplier for pizza boxes, yay!!!
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »
Sign completed today. I love it. Reefers delivered on Friday afternoon. The two carpentry shops said two weeks for the front counter so I'm doing it myself starting tomarrow.

buceriasdon

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
It took four trips and a couple of hours of taking a number and waiting in line but I finally have my contract with the electric company. Yay! ;D Now I can get my restaurant and tax licenses the first of next week armed with a pile of copies of everything I can possibly think they will want. ::) I also built the sink table yesterday, long day, and today is more of the same with the construction of the table for the mixer, microwave and blenders. The blenders will be used to make licuados : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licuado   Busy day.
Don

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
All sounds great Donaldo.  Will the licuado's and Cokes be served cold or with ice?  A previous trip to Culiacan, SN reminded me about the whole ice situation...

Do you have an idea if your business come from mainly tourist or locals?  Keep us posted.

Will any "breakfast" items or take-and-eat (already ready) items be on the menu ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:12:33 AM by Jet_deck »
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 08:53:33 AM »
Don,

The sun/pizza logo is brilliant! Great to see everything coming together for you.

buceriasdon

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »
Morning Gene, I have an ice truck that will deliver during the week and from what I've seen locally the licuados are made with ice. My location is too far off the tourist trail so my target market will be predominately Mexican. I don't want anything on my menu that competes with any other resorante in the area so no breakfast or tacos, what have you. I will be offering some slider type sandwiches but they are different than others close to me. I am presently working on a way to grill precooked in vinegar potato chips as I refuse to have a deep fryer in the place. I am very close to refining my slider buns so they can be baked without a mold, right now I want them a bit lighter
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
Thanks Bill, The painter did a wonderful job with my rough drawing. One of the reasons for the change to Pizza Hogar was to have the same number of letters.
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
I made a second supplier contact today. Gentleman stopped by while I was building some work tables to give me a price list for shredded mozz and other supplies for restaurants. Turns out he supplies just about everyone making pizza in the North Bay area. Fair prices and they deliver. If I understood him correctly there is a bit a buzz in the area about myself opening a place here in Bucerias.
Don

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
I forgot to say my two girlfriends/partners loved the Focaccia di Recco with Oaxaca cheese and it will be on the menu. Also with chicken. Thanks

Hey Don, Is your last name Juan Demarco by any chance?  :D

Offline Matthew

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
Congratulations Brother!

Matt

pizzapan