Author Topic: Super Peel Giveaway  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Pizza Meister

• Now that's a pizza!
    • superpeel
Super Peel Giveaway
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to let the group know that we just launched a giveaway contest.  We are giving away two Super Peels to celebrate Pie  (pi) Day.

All that is needed to enter is to  post a picture of your best (or worst) Pizza Wreck to the Super Peel Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/superpeel by March 12, and we will select the winners on March 14th, which is coincident with the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas!  This is just for fun and we are hoping to see a lot of pizza carnage!

PM

Gary

"Infringement is the "sinisterest" form of flattery"

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: Super Peel Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »
You are picking 2 winners at random, or based on the pictures?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »
Aw man!...Why didn't I take a picture of it??!! What was left of it, that is. Last week I was launching a pie and accidentally touched the oven door with my elbow and dumped half the pizza down the back of the oven.  I scooped up as much as I could with the peel and but the smoke was so bad that the smoke detectors went off. It was 20 deg. outside but I had all of the kitchen windows open for a while. It figures that it would have to be a lobster and shrimp pizza! :'(...my luck!

I actually had two Super Peels in the closet that I had never got around to opening. My wife bought them as a gift but I have never had too much trouble just using a peel. I was loading into the top oven of a double oven (I usually use the bottom) and apparently forgot to keep my elbows up.  :-[

I have used the Super Peel a couple of times now and I think that it works very well. One thing that I noticed though is that you have to resist the temptation to press down when you are sliding it under the pie. You kind of just push it straight back with the handle while holding the bar thingy stationary with the other hand.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Pizza Meister

• Now that's a pizza!
    • superpeel
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
jet,

A random drawing will only be used to break a tie if decided that a clear winner is not possible to decide on.  Depending on the number of entries, this could be a drawing from more than two entries.

And, klink, that is a horible thing!!! I did give it mention on facebook.  regarding not pressing down when sliding a Super Peel underneath a pizza, this should not be a problem, though a light touch is always best - depends on the nature of the surface the pizza is resting on.   When droping onto the stone, the peel should be sort of hovered a fraction of an inch above the stone surface.

PM
"Infringement is the "sinisterest" form of flattery"

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
regarding not pressing down when sliding a Super Peel underneath a pizza, this should not be a problem
I'm thinking that I may have also had the fabric on a little too tight. I loosened it a little and it seems much better.

I just used it again. I made two mini (~6") pizzas and loaded them both at the same time with the Super Peel. Very nice!
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink