Author Topic: Chau's Coming to New York! Tour Time!!!!  (Read 40079 times)

Offline pizzablogger

Re: Chau's Coming to New York! Tour Time!!!!
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
Thanks akuban.  This is the exact moment at Best when I realized that the cheese had melted to the roof of my mouth.  -- Priceless.  Iirc.

LMFAO Gene!

Almost looks like you realize your head may explode.

Great shot. -k
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
I believefranks ovens are the 120 48" stefano  He does like 3  16" in there  Frank modified the opening to get the 16" in there.T he Smaller  Bambinos are 12"-14" can  i would say 3-4  easy !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »
Thanks guys.

I'd feel weird pming him and probing him with a bunch of questions.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
I believefranks ovens are the 120 48" stefano  He does like 3  16" in there  Frank modified the opening to get the 16" in there.T he Smaller  Bambinos are 12"-14" can  i would say 3-4  easy !
John

I'd be curious to know for sure. Standing in front of them, they seemed smaller than mine which is 120.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
I'd be curious to know for sure. Standing in front of them, they seemed smaller than mine which is 120.

CL

What's the width of your entrance, 17"?

Offline Vesta Wood-Fired

« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »

What's Up Fellas!  My ovens are 120 cm.  I can fit 4 12-13" pizzas or 3 16" inch large pies.  Although, the most I ever bake in the oven at one time is two pies, individual or large.  Yes the mouth is custom for my 16" pie. 

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
Thanks Frank - and thank you again for the wonderful hospitality a couple weeks ago! Loved that "Frank Style" pepperoni pie!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Vesta Wood-Fired

« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
Thank you!  I'm glad you liked it.  Hopefully, see you guys again, workin on some more tricks.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »

What's Up Fellas!  My ovens are 120 cm.  I can fit 4 12-13" pizzas or 3 16" inch large pies.  Although, the most I ever bake in the oven at one time is two pies, individual or large.  Yes the mouth is custom for my 16" pie. 
Thanks Frank. Quick question. Did you do something to it to make a 16" possible or did you ask SF to mode the entrance?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
 :D see I do pay attention frank ! and I will answer again for 10 points. only know because frank has told me the face plate comes off and was modified by local crafstman. Think story was Stefano was slack in responding to his request, and frank figured it out rather than wait.  Sure frank will chime in again after dinner rush. Nice to know you are lurking out there ;) see you soon ,I need my Vesta fix .
John

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #430 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
:D see I do pay attention frank ! and I will answer again for 10 points. only know because frank has told me the face plate comes off and was modified by local crafstman. Think story was Stefano was slack in responding to his request, and frank figured it out rather than wait.  Sure frank will chime in again after dinner rush. Nice to know you are lurking out there ;) see you soon ,I need my Vesta fix .
John
Thanks John.

Offline Vesta Wood-Fired

« Reply #431 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »

Yes the first oven, they made custom for me before it was shipped.  I didnt do both because I wasnt too sure how it was going to work out.  After I was open for three months I hired a local guy to do the second one.  He actually had to crawl inside the oven lol!  The reason I had the local guy do it was because I think Stefano was really busy and couldnt make it out for another 6 weeks, and it was more inexpensive than flying him all the way out here.

COme in for the fix and some shop talk John. :chef:

Offline pauliegee

« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
Thought you guys would enjoy this:

http://t.co/kY04YHXl

Ciao,

PG

scott123

« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
That's great, Paulie. Was this really your first time?

How did it compare to New Park? Who was making pies- was it Michelle or one of the brothers?

Did you get a hat?  ;)

Offline pauliegee

« Reply #434 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
Yes, first time.  Apples and oranges on New Park.  I loved the lightness of the slices.  If I didn't get that fried ham and cheese calzone I could have eaten a whole pie.  I met both girls.  They are having Bruce bring in from home a vintage Pizza Town USA hat that lights up.

Ciao,

PG

scott123

« Reply #435 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
Oh, come on, Paulie, apples and oranges?  These are both classic NY style pizzas.  I wouldn't ask you to compare Pizzatown to Keste, but Pizzatown and New Park are birds of the same feather.

Let's try this hypothetical.  You haven't eaten at p-town or new park in 6 months and are in the mood for a NY slice. Both are next door to each other.  Where you do you get the slice from?

Are you serious about that hat?  They're just bringing it in to show it to you, right?  You're already a legend, Paulie, but I think if you could score that hat, you'd become immortal  ;D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #436 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
If we can all answer the above question I wold have to go with New Park (not too well done) and scrape the salt off! wait-  that sounds like too much work !  You know from My posts, Pizza Town Is one of my absolute  Favorites but its almost beyond NY if that makes sense? Chau?
and I though Larry had the girls loosened up ? A light up hat No way Paulie Gee!
John

Offline pauliegee

« Reply #437 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
Oh, come on, Paulie, apples and oranges?  These are both classic NY style pizzas.  I wouldn't ask you to compare Pizzatown to Keste, but Pizzatown and New Park are birds of the same feather.

Let's try this hypothetical.  You haven't eaten at p-town or new park in 6 months and are in the mood for a NY slice. Both are next door to each other.  Where you do you get the slice from?

Are you serious about that hat?  They're just bringing it in to show it to you, right?  You're already a legend, Paulie, but I think if you could score that hat, you'd become immortal  ;D

Absolutely apples and oranges.  Maybe even apples and bowling balls.  The New Park slice is softer and had much more cheese on it.  It's also bigger.  The Pizza Town slice has far less cheese and is crisper than the New Park slice.  I could easily scoff down twice as many Pizza Town slices.  I love them both, but having to chose one or the other, I'd chose the New Park 9 out of 10 times. 

As far as the hat goes, I'm as serious as a heart attack.  Wanna wager that I can produce a picture by tax day.  $20.   

Ciao,

PG

Offline pauliegee

« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
If we can all answer the above question I wold have to go with New Park (not too well done) and scrape the salt off! wait-  that sounds like too much work !  You know from My posts, Pizza Town Is one of my absolute  Favorites but its almost beyond NY if that makes sense? Chau?
and I though Larry had the girls loosened up ? A light up hat No way Paulie Gee!
John

Way, Way way John.  Time will tell for sure though.

Ciao,

PG

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #439 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »
My "Norma's Pizza" hat is missing. Can't find it anywhere. Paulie? >:D