Author Topic: My own private Wally World ......  (Read 1009 times)

Offline youonlylivetwice

My own private Wally World ......
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:02:25 AM »
Ever seen National Lampoon's Vacation??!!

Well, I had to travel to Phoenix on business last week.   I was determined to get to Pizzeria Bianco, after all I have read both in books and online there was no way I was going to miss it, regardless of the possible hours in Phoenix's August heat.  Left the conference early to get there by 4pm, temp about 108 degrees.  Got directions as well as unsolicited praise for PB from the hotel concierge.   The evening included a Diamonbacks game, which could only complicate things, but so what.  Got to a public parking ramp, parked, and asked directions to walk.  As I apporached I saw no one standing outside, and for a moment felt a huge relief that I would not be spending hours outside.  That lasted about 3 seconds, and then I noticed a piece of paper taped to the door.  Yup, closed for a MONTH for summer vacation.  All I could do was peek inside at what was to be.  The only thing that came to mind was Clark Griswold and Wally World, sans the moose......

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: My own private Wally World ......
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:45:07 PM »
I feel your pain.However, you should have realised that as he is trying to emulate an authentic Italian business it is required of him to CLOSE for the Month of August. ;)
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline youonlylivetwice

Re: My own private Wally World ......
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 02:46:13 PM »
good point!  That was the first smile I got out of the whole experience..... thanks!