Author Topic: Introduction Al from Rhode Island  (Read 171 times)

Offline aloler

Introduction Al from Rhode Island
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
Al from North Kingstown, RI    Looking to open a Neapolitan Style Pizzeria.  I've been out of food business for 20 years, used to won an Italian bread bakery.  Very rusty and looking for help advice, especially on oven brands.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:49:59 AM by aloler »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Introduction Al from Rhode Island
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »
al, if your opening a commercial pizzeria you definitely want an imported neapolitan (specific) oven...not just any italian oven will do.   The important thing is the dome height and its gotta be low to bake the top of the pizzas right at high temps on a busy friday and saturday night.   Any oven can do one at a time, but in a rush you will be very happy you have the right tool for the job.   I have been doing lots of consulting lately and have established a great relationship with a person who actually keeps stock of stefano ferrara ovens and fork mixers here in the US so you can get them fast (and for a good deal).    He also has a full range of stuff including coal ovens (my new favorite thing!) Let me know if your interested and I will put him in contact with you.     Good luck, and let me know when your open so I can come try the pizza (I live in southern MA now).   

pizzapan