Let me give you what I can now, I will post pics as soon as possible. Cooking for family tomorrow so I will document thoroughly.
1. This for a commercial project - the initial fire is started in the front middle for air draw and moved to the side once established. Obviously I can do this only once at the start of a 3 -4 hr service.
2. I will post pics soonest. I know it makes assessment much easier.
3. Starting fire with firelighter and dry softwood kindling, moving to small hardwood and then to kiln dried oak hardwood logs (2 -3 inch dia, 10 -12 inch long, tested under 20% moisture). Using too much to be commercially viable!
4. Yes the oven is designed specifically for pizza. Italiano Forno oven.
5. I will saturate the oven tomorrow.
6. The oven opening is 18 inch wide and 11 inch at the apex of arch.
7. Right now 650 F would be a blessing!. I can make allowances with my dough at this level but can`t work with 500 F.
Thankyou, I hope it`s me. It will be the easiest solution. The max temp for centre of the dome with flame lapping over was approx 800 F. I will record again tomorrow.
Thankyou, Yes I have baked pizza. 64% hydration and couldn`t get it off the floor. My fault for putting it in when I knew the temp wasn`t there. Like waiting for a late bus. Hope pics will explain the materials better. I`m no oven builder.
Thankyou, bottom insulation is my big worry due to remedy difficulty but as Bill says the underside metal is on barely warm. The oven builder is being arsey (uk for difficult). He says the oven has the capacity. Says I should be using just seasoned logs (20 -30% moisture) not kiln dried against all suppliers/operators I have researched, blames my fire building. Chau, I hope for an easy fix so I get on with making pizza.
Thankyou, I collected the oven on Sunday. The builder said he had cured but the first fire I made at the end there were visible rust colour runs down the trailer side. I assumed moisture but after 3 more fires they have stopped. I assume the oven will continue to improve with use but unsure if this explains the temp issue. The oven is encased in metal. I cannot see how rain would penetrate. When cooled the oven door is closed and I put a cover over the chimney. Had no rain here this week anyway - surprise you?. I know we are famous for it.