Author Topic: Dave from Missoula Montana  (Read 137 times)

Offline dnpizza76

Dave from Missoula Montana
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
Hi all,

The name is Dave and I love to cook. I am desiring to learn more about the secrets behind pizza. My brother and I took a Naan bread recipe from an Indian lady on Youtube and used it for pizza dough. We even used the way that she made it with a pizza stone on the top rack of the oven with the broiler on! You have to let the stone heat up for 30 minutes...now if I can just figure out how to release the governor on the oven to let it get hotter than it is allowed to get... :) I would eventually like to build myself a brick oven that would be outside (or whatever you guys suggest) to attain the correct heat for the pizza. I haven't tried the grill yet, but heard that it works wonders.

One thing that brought me to this forum is that I would like to know what flour combination is the best for pizza. I am thrifty too so I would like to know what the cheapest way for me to get good flour among other ingredients. What is a good price per pound for flour? Why do the Costcos and Sam's Clubs always carry bleached flour instead of healthier solutions?

HOw can you make a healthy and good tasting deep-dish pizza without all that butter... I just saw America's Test Kitchen recipe and video on how to make Chicago-style deep-dish pizza and it looks quite tasty, but maybe not the healthiest! It basically looks like it is pizza on pastry bread...laminated by the butter layers!

Anyways, that is a brief introduction!
Cheers!
Dave