Hi guys, I thought I might share some pictures of the proces of one of my projects, from last summer.
Often I feel a need to experiment, and go against 'norms'. This was kind of a low budget experimental project.
For this one I used very cheap, normal bricks, a regular facade type of brick.
I did a form-free dome construction. It works, I was very happy. Before I started I guessed that at a later stage I would have to improvise some kind of support, but that wasn't needed at all.
And it's oval. 100cm x 120cm, with the opening on the broad side.
It actually resulted in a very nice oven, and I've used it a lot already.
But, off course, there is a difference in containing heat with these bricks, they just don't accumulate as wel as fire brick. When the fire is down they cool quickly, but it still is hot the next morning.
And I've converted the smokeway backwards to the top of the dome, and from there straight up in a fluepipe. This only works well after a while or with the door closed.