Author Topic: Flour!  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Sandro

• I Love Pizza!
Flour!
« on: August 27, 2005, 02:28:51 PM »
Hello,

I am a pizza man at a local pizza place. I love my job, but my problem is, I come home every night, and my car is full of flour. I am sure many of you on this forum are pizza men, so I was just curious if there was any good techiques to remove flour from leather and carpet. Some of you may know, it's not as easy as it looks.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

Offline Snowman

• Please enter a location in your profile, please?
Re: Flour!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »
Stiff bristle brush and vacuum.  Don't even think about a wet cleanser, you'll have a cake, not a clean carpet.

Now, once that's done...

1.  Wear an apron when working with flour.
2.  Get a big beach towel from Wal-Mart and put it over your seat.
3.  Change clothes before leaving.

If you're the pizza maker, delivery driver, etc, then 1 and 2 are your best options.  Staying clean while working with flour and doing it fast, just ain't an option.  You might also consider rubber floor mats instead of carpeted ones.

Offline Sandro

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Flour!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:54:54 AM »
Thanks Snowman. I guess that is my best bet. Oh, and about the apron... Of course I wear an apron, but aprons don't really cover the backside, now do they?  ;). And I am sure you know that flour goes everywhere *especially in a busy place* But thanks for the brush and vaccum tip, and I'm probably going to buy a seat cover or just a towel like you mentioned. Thanks for the advice! :)

pizzapan