Author Topic: Greetings From the Great White North!  (Read 185 times)

Offline pkadare

Greetings From the Great White North!
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »
Well, not so "white" this winter.  ;)

I live half of the year in Burlington, Ontario (just west of Toronto) and the other half at our cottage just outside of Bobcaygeon, Ontario on the shores of Pigeon Lake. I love to cook and started when I was a teenager. At our house, dinner was served promptly at 6:00 and when my two brothers and I hit our teens and our schedules didn't exactly match up with dinner, my Mom basically announced that she was only going to be cooking for my Father. She pointed out the stove, the fridge, and the cookbooks, and said, feed yourselves.  :chef: Best thing she could have done for me!

I am a huge BBQ and grilling buff and am just waiting on delivery of my newest toy in that category, the Big Steel Keg (BSK). While awaiting said delivery, I've been reading the BSK forums and noticed how well it seems to do with pizza. Since I also happen to love pizza, I figured what the heck, may as well look into this further and came across this forum.

While I love eating pizza of all varieties, and I travel worldwide for work (I do enterprise-level network security) so I get to try pizza from all over the world, I am definitely a total newbie when it comes to cooking them, but like anything else food related, I'm going to jump in with both feet.

I've already learned a ton from this board in the last couple of days and have been steadily building up a list of gadgets and tools I'm going to need (my wife is going to hate this, at least until I start making halfway decent pies) and look forward to learning more from you all. I also hope to be able to start contributing myself in the future.

Anyway, that's my intro, thanks for having me!