Author Topic: Ambrogi MEC-80  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Grimaldi

Re: Ambrogi MEC-80
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »
Thank you. It is about 47" ID, 65" OD, 15" dome, and 4200lbs.

CL

That's a commercial piece of equipment you have there, and very good looking.

Some of the Italian low dome ovens are very impressive (Ferrara, Acuno, and hopefully Ambrogi :], I'm surprised they don't have a larger presence in the US market.

The reason I went with the Ambrogi is because they are made to be transported, the dome is a high pressure refractory casting with a built in metal pallet and a metal support structure - it really is just the core of an oven, it has to be enclosed, outer arch built, and insulated to be functional.

Like I said, I've built Pompeii's but didn't want to reinvent the wheel with the low dome oven.

Offline Grimaldi

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
After burning a fire for 3 days, I think it is mostly dried out. This is not a new oven - just a wet oven, so I wasn't doing curing fires. I did go easy for the 1st day and a half, then did some roaring hot fires - more than a 1000 degrees on the floor (max on my IR) for hours. It was over 300 the next morning with no insulation. With insulation and dry, it should get up to temps in a reasonable period of time and hopefully be somewhat efficient with wood.

A wet oven is a useless hunk of masonry.   

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Glad to hear every thing is working out fine now.