Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Mystic Pizza

• I Love Pizza!
Cheese
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:55:48 AM »
Has anyone tried Italia part skim mozzarella? If so how did it taste? I have a local grocery store that carries this in blocks, but it's kinda pricey so I hate to buy it without some feedback first...

Thanks Mike

Offline Mystic Pizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Cheese
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 07:59:15 PM »
Wow over 95 views and not one post! Anyway I have some info to share about the Italia brand cheeses, maybe it will help someone. I found out that Italia cheese is made in Shullsburg Wisconsin by Shullsburg Creamery Inc. I believe they sell their mozzarella and provolone in 6 lbs blocks 2 per case. They ship the cheese to several midwest states.

From a local grocery store I purchased 1 lbs of part skim fresh mozzarella and 1/4 lbs of provolone at $3.99 a lbs to experiment with on pizza's. The first thing I noticed about the cheese was that it is very soft. I was having trouble shredding it in the food processor. So I had to put it into the freezer to firm up a bit before shredding. I did find that it performed wonderfully in the oven on my American style pizza's. This is the first cheese I have found at the grocery that didn't brown/burn before the crust was cooked. Also the cheese had a good flow and the flavor was very good.

I have 4 pizza's doughs that will be ready Saturday and will take pictures of the pizza's made with Italia brand cheese and post then.

Thanks for reading,
 Mike