Author Topic: Southern California ingrediant buy? Anyone interested?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
Southern California ingrediant buy? Anyone interested?
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:19:57 PM »
I can buy pretty much everything you need to make pizza from a local Distributor here in Southern California..Grande cheese, Stanislaus, etc.. but would like to go in with a few people so we can get the best cost. I really have no use for 30 pounds of cheese at a time and this company sells mainly to restaurants. If anyone is interested in doing this with me, let me know. They do not normally sell to individuals but if we can get a big enough order they will. I can also get frozen dough that is used in one of the best known pizzerias in LA and gets rave reviews about their dough but I will have to buy consistantly or they wont sell to me. If you are a business owner and are thinking about adding pizza to your business in SoCal you may want to use their dough. Anyway, it's just a thought in case anyone wants to do this. The drawback...I live in Irvine area so you would need to come get it from my place. I'm not doing this to make a profit. I just want to buy Grande at the best price and want to buy it monthly. I was quoted $2.59 a pound last week. Not great but not too bad considering i didn't ask for a price break.  By the way, if the mods don't want me doing this or if I'm posting this in the wrong place, just let me know.

Offline RSMBob

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Southern California ingrediant buy? Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 11:28:34 AM »
I may be interested...not sure about a monthly basis but on occasion. I'd like to try Grande cheese, Caputo 00 and maybe some tomato products as well as any sausage line they might carry. Keep me posted on when you will order and what's available.

Offline TONY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:45:24 AM »
Scampi, you may want to try:

Italgourmet Foods
4820 Alcoa Ave.
Vernon, CA 90058-8086
Phone no: (323) 277-0211

They have a nice selection of Italian imported foods, including Caputo flour and Grande cheese.  I believe they will sell you the cheese in 7 pound blocks.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 04:50:36 PM »
HI RSMBob, I can pick up those things no problem and Tony, thanks for the lead. I know them too. I just need a few more folks and I'll go shopping next week or the following. Whatever you want i will ask for pricing first and you can decide if you want it. I'll show the invoice when I give it to you so you can verify it is all correct. Like I mentioned before, I just want to buy enough that they are willing to sell to me on a regular basis.

Offline bnebel15

• pizza is my life
    • Classics Pizza
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 11:18:37 AM »
Hi, i am interested in Pendleton Flour. We have used Pendleton flour for over 15 years at Pizza Restaurants in Northern California and is the bet pizza i have ever had. Gets great reviews from fans and press alike. Now i opened a restaurant in texas and cant get good flour anywhere. If they have pendleton flour i am interested. And i am currently going through 30 - 32lb bags of flour a month. That equals to 960 lbs of flour a month and i am willing to buy 3 to 4 months of flour which is 3.840 lbs of flour. SInce flour stors well i will have no problem keeping 4 months worth if thats what it takes to get the price break. thanks
keep pizza theway it was intended.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 11:42:11 AM »
I live in Texas and don't recall reading or hearing about any distributor or foodservice company selling the Pendleton flours in the state. I would start by calling Pendleton in Seattle (206-622-4430) and speak with someone who might be able to tell you if there are any distributors of their flours in Texas.

Which of the Pendleton flours did you use for pizza? Maybe there is a similar flour from another source.

Peter

wordpress