Author Topic: April 2012 Monthly Challenge: "I'm Cured!"  (Read 5380 times)

Offline JimmyG

Re: April 2012 Monthly Challenge: "I'm Cured!"
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
Randy,
Beautiful looking pies. That cured pork shoulder looks killer, especially on that pie. Wished you lived closer to me, b/c I would be all over those pizzas. Great job.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline pizzajosh

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
I am a little behind on this but here is my entry for April that I made last weekend.

I used the basic Tom Lehmann's New York style from the pizza recipes when you first come in the site.  I haven't played around much with the dough as I have just recently tried making New York style.

For the sauce on this one I used 50% Classico Romano Asiago Alfredo sauce 50% ground tomatoes w/ garlic & oregano.

For the cheese I used some smoked provolone, smoked gouda and fresh mozzarella.

The toppings were diced roast chicken breast, applewood smoked bacon, prossciutto wrapped water chestnuts and sliced tomato. The water chestnuts gave it a nice little crisp. It was really good but pretty rich. It would have been better with just the tomato sauce. But none of it went in the garbage.

Offline randyjohnsonhve

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »
Randy,
Beautiful looking pies. That cured pork shoulder looks killer, especially on that pie. Wished you lived closer to me, b/c I would be all over those pizzas. Great job.

Those meats and pies would cure what ails me!   Nice work Randy.

Thanks for the Feedback, Have a Super Day!

RJelli :chef:
"Pizza Evolves...Our Best Pizza Ever is Not Today." It is 'what' is right, not 'who' is right that matters.