Author Topic: Stuffed Crust Pizza (play by play)  (Read 2925 times)

Offline FeCheF

Stuffed Crust Pizza (play by play)
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »
I love plain old crust, my wife hates it. She always says she wants stuffed crust. Last time she bugged me for it we ordered PH and it was horrible. I thought i was finally rid of stuffed crust...nope. she bugged me again and I finally gave in and made one. It was polly-o string cheese, carrabba's dipping herbs, classico crushed tomatoes, stella LM mozz, prosciutto, mushrooms and fresh basil.
Here it is from start to finish. Enjoy. I know she did.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:24:18 AM by FeCheF »

Offline FeCheF

Re: Stuffed Crust Pizza (play by play)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:31 PM »
And more...

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »
And even more...

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
Wife says crust never tasted so good....

Offline Ev

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Nice! I'll have to try that sometime. 8)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
Tom Lehmann discusses another way to make a stuffed crust, but using a pan, at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9214&p=66693&hilit=#p66693. I suppose one could use a pan to form the skin with the cheese in the rim and then remove the skin to be dressed and baked.

Peter

Edit: The above suggestion for using a pan is discussed in another PMQTT post at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9006&p=61409&hilit=#p61409.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:13:14 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »
Tom Lehmann discusses another way to make a stuffed crust, but using a pan, at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9214&p=66693&hilit=#p66693. I suppose one could use a pan to form the skin with the cheese in the rim and then remove the skin to be dressed and baked.

Peter

Edit: The above suggestion for using a pan is discussed in another PMQTT post at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9006&p=61409&hilit=#p61409.

Im not sure how to respond to this...
I dont believe i asked how to make a stuffed crust since the way i did it worked out great actually. So why post a reply telling me how someone else did it, without even saying "hey nice job" or atleast " nice effort"
Sorry if that offends you, im just sensing some hostility from you peter.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
FeCheF,

I apologize if you thought that I was being offensive in some way, since I can assure you that no offense was intended. I will often cite other places where similar or alternative methods are described, for those who might be interested. I have been doing that sort of thing for years, and am well known for that. If my post offended you, I'd be happy to delete it.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:46:14 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline Ev

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
 :o :( :-\ :-X ::)

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »
Its no big deal now, Im over it. But those links you provided dont even have any pics. I went out of my way to take as many pics as i could so if anyone else wanted to try stuffed crust could see how easy it actually was.

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »
LOL, peter was just trying to help, and although your original post was good, I personally like seeing similar pies made by others.  peter is one of the most important contributors on these forums.  chill out man.   :chef:

Offline MrH

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
Looks amazing.

Offline tdub154420

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
FeChef, was going to ask you how you made the dough for your stuffed crust, because this place is a community of pizza enthusiasts to share and compare their pizza recipes and experiences.  But after reading your rude and crass reaction to someone just posting a similar recipe, I'm not really interested anymore. 

It's a good looking pizza, but it you could top it with a little humility.   
- Trevor

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »
Trevor,

I would like you to reconsider. I have learned not to let things get in the way of achieving particular results. So, if I were interested in a stuffed crust pizza, I wouldn't hesitate to try FeCheF's recipe and methods.

Peter

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
Trevor,
     The dough recipe i used was jerrymacs. He has a thread in the NY style pizza section here.http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5851.0.html
Im sorry if i sounded like a a$$, it was just a misunderstanding with peters reply and a bad day i was having. I did say sorry if my post offended him, and i guess i should have said sorry if it offended anyone else.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 11:08:03 PM »
Trevor,
     The dough recipe i used was jerrymacs. He has a thread in the NY style pizza section here.http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5851.0.html
Im sorry if i sounded like a a$$, it was just a misunderstanding with peters reply and a bad day i was having. I did say sorry if my post offended him, and i guess i should have said sorry if it offended anyone else.

Good on you FeChef.  You are probably already seeing that most people are pretty decent on this board and try to be supportive of one another.  I have been on a few other boards where they eat their young.  Everyone is foaming at the mouth and ready to bite everyone else.  It's not like that here. 

Chau

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
Trevor,

Thanks Trevor for following up on the situation.  I hope to attempt a stuffed crust in the future and it was good to see a table top method and the pan method.

When you rolled the cheese into the dough did you have to pinch it pretty tight, or did you just roll it over quitely?  Thanks to Peter, we see two differrent methods to achieve the "same" end result.  I would buy either one.  I am glad that Mrs. FeCheF enjoyed the results.  At the end of the day, that is what matters;  the forum is here for a reason. Everday people helping everday people.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Thanks Trevor for following up on the situation.  I hope to attempt a stuffed crust in the future and it was good to see a table top method and the pan method.

When you rolled the cheese into the dough did you have to pinch it pretty tight, or did you just roll it over quitely?  Thanks to Peter, we see two differrent methods to achieve the "same" end result.  I would buy either one.  I am glad that Mrs. FeCheF enjoyed the results.  At the end of the day, that is what matters;  the forum is here for a reason. Everday people helping everday people.

jerrymacs dough recipe is a higher hydration dough so it was a bit sticky when i folded the edges over so i just gently pinched it shut. I think with the sauce and cheese ontop it would hold together even if i just layed it over without pinching shut. My only regret was that i didnt have enough string cheese to competely go around so there were a few spots without cheese inside. And also that after i folded the edges over and pinched shut i should have let the dough rise alittle more so there would have been some nice air pockets in the rim aswell as cheese pockets.
Next time im going to wrap the string cheese in thinly sliced prosciutto  or maybe a trio of pepperoni,ham, and slightly chewy cooked bacon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:19:00 PM by FeCheF »

parallei

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »
Next time im going to wrap the string cheese in thinly sliced prosciutto  or maybe a trio of pepperoni,ham, and slightly chewy cooked bacon.

If you made the skin extra large, you could roll the edges around your stuffing, with more than one roll, and have a pizza surrounded by a mini stromboli. Sounds deadly, but good. >:D  Let us see the photo's.

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »
If you made the skin extra large, you could roll the edges around your stuffing, with more than one roll, and have a pizza surrounded by a mini stromboli. Sounds deadly, but good. >:D  Let us see the photo's.

Actually, the pennsylvania dutch in me is thinking "strudel like" stuffed crust. I think i need to get a 18" pizza screen for this one. Too bad my oven barely fits my 16" screen.

I have actually been thinking about doing a strudel type stromboli. But each fold will be a different topping.