Author Topic: a quick question  (Read 768 times)

Offline keefas@hotmail.co.uk

a quick question
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
hi ,

just wondering if i will be able to make good neapolitan pizza on a weber kettle with the kettle pizza attachment?
does or has any one done it this way with good results. will it get hot enough?

cheers

keith

Offline shuboyje

Re: a quick question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »
Probably not.  It doesn't do anything to address the biggest issue of cooking pizza on a grill, the lack of top heat.  True blue neapolitan pizza requires a ton of top heat to cook the top in the short time it take to bake the bottom.
-Jeff

Offline keefas@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
hi jeff

thanks for the reply. looks like i'm gonna have to find another way of modding my grill then until i can afford a pizza oven!
i'll try and concentrate on getting heat above the pizza as i assume there will be plenty of heat on the stone!

buceriasdon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I'm 100% with Jeff. Don't waste your money on that thing.
Don

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
In my opinion the little black egg(LBE) is the best stop gap until a full blown wood fired oven.  You will find a ton about them in the home oven section of the forum if you haven't already seen it.  A LBE will probably not get you to full Neapolitan temperatures and cook times, but it will get you close, and unless you know Neapolitan pizza more then most you may find it's actually your ideal.  Pies like the LBE can produce are actually what a lot of places here in the states sell as Neapolitan.
-Jeff

Offline scott123

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »
In my opinion the little black egg(LBE) is the best stop gap until a full blown wood fired oven.

...after taking the time to confirm that one's home oven doesn't have the necessary specs to do Neapolitan bakes. We're almost to a point where an electric oven owner can crack open their oven manual, post the broiler wattage here and we can tell him/her if it can achieve sub 90 second leoparding. The chance is probably less than 1 in 500, but it's not that difficult to confirm, and, between a home oven broiler that can swing leoparding vs. an LBE, you're talking immeasurably less angst.