Author Topic: Forno Bravo Primavera VS Chicago Brick Oven Amici Series  (Read 4957 times)

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

Forno Bravo Primavera VS Chicago Brick Oven Amici Series
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
I'm looking to buy either one of the FB Primavera 70 or the Amici 750 from Chicago Brick Oven.  Can anyone give me their opinions on which is the better way to go?  Costco currently has the Amici 500, but I am looking for something slightly larger.

thoughts?

Danny

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Forno Bravo Primavera VS Chicago Brick Oven Amici Series
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »
Hands down the p 70 in my opinion a much better oven . Buts thats only my .02 I would build my own next time
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
Have you had experience with the amici?  Why is the p70 better, why build?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
I own the P70, and from what I can gather online the Amici 750 has roughly the same diameter cooking floor and the same dome height. The insulation looks relatively the same as well. I am not sure what the materials are for the Amici dome. And none of the Amici literature says how high a temperature the oven is rated for, or how high it will go. Those are the questions I would ask of CBO.

It looks like the P70 now can come with it's own stand. So if you go that route, the P70 will be cheaper. But if the CBO can get up to Neapolitan temps, i.e., 850 on the floor, then it looks like you will be able to get the same performance from either one.

John

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
Thanks for your response

My goal is to get the best pizza oven I can where I can cook two pizzas at at time. I am only interested in making VPN. 

Any other reccomendations?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »

My goal is to get the best pizza oven I can where I can cook two pizzas at at time.

Then neither of these ovens are a good option for you. Unless you want the pizzas to be the 9 in size range. I would look at 36 - 42 in ovens for multiple pies at 12 inches.

John

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Yes I want to get two 12 inch pizzas, any reccomendations on pre built or do I have to build one?  The amici 750 has a cooking surface of 41 by 28.  Too small?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »
Yes I want to get two 12 inch pizzas, any reccomendations on pre built or do I have to build one?  The amici 750 has a cooking surface of 41 by 28.  Too small?

The Amici quotes a cooking surface that looks to be usable for 2 pizzas, but the "round" part of the oven diameter is what you need to deal with, which is 28 inches. The mouth is not for cooking Neapolitan pizza - maybe for casseroles or something, but not 60 second pies. Believe me, I have tried.

I don't know of pre-built ovens in the 40 inch range other than commercial ones. I know FB has some in that range. Maybe someone else can chime in who has more insight.

John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »
Yes JOhn Forno Bravo offer a larger prebuilt and ready to cook tuscano series 36-48?" .  Larry the Za man has one and may comment. They also now offer a differnt look with a hip roof if you dont like the dome shape.
John

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »
What makes Forno Bravo good?  Are they doing anything special that other manufacturers are not or is it that they are a good value.  Their prices seem to be lower when I compare them to other brands.  I was also considering the Casa 2g 100, that seems to be the right size for me but in requires me to do the build.  I am a little leery about building, but my dad is very interested in helping and or course i can get a much better esthetic look for my deck.

The toscana is also an interesting option, but moving it and placing it would be a serious challenge given the weight of it.  I've also looked at the Earthstone modular ovens, but again, that would require an all out build!  I am hoping to find the right oven pre - made that will also look great on my deck.

of course i will take performance and function over esthetics.

Offline PortMoodyFoodie

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
john, (jCONK007) is that and earthstone oven that you've built?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
Yes that's an earthstone, very happy with it !
Thread is Recent build of an Earthstone  in hearth ovens.
John
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:00:35 PM by JConk007 »

pizzapan