Author Topic: Wet Gluten Mass Tests on Caputo Rinforzato, Caputo Pizzeria, All Trumps bromated  (Read 14189 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
I did a wet gluten mass test on the Ultragrain white whole wheat flour this morning.  The Ultragrain flour is a pain to do a wet gluten mass test.  I used the same amount of flour and water as I did in the other experiments on this thread.    

Firstly, the Ultragrain flour seems to want to absorb more water and the dough ball took longer than 5 minutes to mix and make a dough ball.  The dough ball was then very dry.  I left the dough ball sit in a covered container for 15 minutes.

When washing the dough ball, pieces wanted to keep falling off and I had to keep picking them up and incorporating them back into the dough ball.  It can be seen on my fingers how the pieces kept wanting to fall apart.  I also had to wash for 40 minutes to make the water run clear.  When it was almost finished being washed, then pieces weren’t falling off.

I have no idea what the protein is of the Ultragrain White Whole Wheat flour, but the numbers I got for the wet gluten mass test were 1.905 ounces, or 54.03 grams. The weight of the grams fluctuated between 54.02-54.03.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Norma

Offline TXCraig1

Has anyone done this test on VWG?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Has anyone done this test on VWG?

Craig,

I don't think any member has done a wet gluten test on VWG.  Do you think that would be a good test?

Norma