Author Topic: Figured out how to bypass the lock on my cleaning function!  (Read 547 times)

Offline stevehollx

Figured out how to bypass the lock on my cleaning function!
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
And it's 100% reversible.

So I noticed that the cleaning cycle only uses the top broiler (gas).  Given this, I figure I should place the pizza stone underneath the broiler to preheat it, so I'll probably put it one rack down from the upper top, to give myself some room to work.

What do you guys think about the broiler being on while the pizza is under the stove?  Or should I kill the cleaning cycle to stop the broiler before I put the pizza on the stone?

Offline stevehollx

Re: Figured out how to bypass the lock on my cleaning function!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »
By the way, for anyone interested in how I did it:

My door latch is held on my two torx screws.  If I remove these two screws, the latch assembly gains about 1" of horizontal play.  I can move the latch over to the left before engaging the cleaning cycle.  The oven door has enough rotational play that I can rotate the door clockwise enough to open the door around the side of the door latch.

I know this is more about the oven, but I'm interested what people think about stone placement & broiler on/off for a neopolitan style, since that's the only style I'm interested in.  :-P

Offline jeffereynelson

• Supporting Member
Re: Figured out how to bypass the lock on my cleaning function!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
Put the pizza in as close to the broiler as you can and cook with the broiler on. If you don't the bottom will go much faster than the top.

You should be able to to achieve 60 second bake times no problem. I would normally let the oven clean cycle for about 2.5 hours.

pizzapan