Author Topic: Ovest Pizzoteca!!!!!!!!  (Read 809 times)

Offline Vesta Wood-Fired

Ovest Pizzoteca!!!!!!!!
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »
  Best pizza in NYC, hands down not even close.  My other favorite place is from the same owner Michele, is Luzzo's on 1rst and 13th.  The last time I was at Luzzo's I was a little disappointed,  but i have to tell you the pizza I had last night at Ovest was out of control.  I ordered the Bufala, Capriccosa, and the Diavola.  Totally on point in every way.  I would say that every pie was perfect and here is why:
 1) Beautifully stretched out perfect circle even crust, with a medium sized airy cornicione.
 2) Perfect amount of browning, and really sexy undercrust action.
 3) Tender crumb with just the amount of crisp on the outside, with melt in your mouth inside.
 4) Mozz di bufala melts perfect with the tomato to make a beautiful sauce.
 5) Just about a 2 min bake.

As far as I am concerned Michele is the most underespected and underrated pizzaiolo/owner in NYC.  This is the guy who inspired me to make pizza and I think his concept with Ovest is really badass; all Italian wines, cocktails, and beer.  Modern, artsy decor, with KILLER PIZZA.  I have not tasted another pie in NYC that can shine the shoes of Ovest yet. 

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Ovest Pizzoteca!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
And where are the pictures?  ;D  You've got me drooling now.  Am I going to have to come back to NY for this pie Frank?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:26:32 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline Vesta Wood-Fired

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
Im trying to figure how to get the pics out of my phone and onto the forum, lol.  Absolutely, NY Tour Part III I'm ready I'll pick you up at Newark Airport!!! 

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:41:23 AM »
You'll have to load them onto your computer first, then resize them to make them smaller, then you can post.  I'll have to start saving for part III.  Until then, you local guys can keep a list of all the new and great joints you find until I can make it up there again.   :D

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48:10 AM »
Frank,

Until you get your pictures uploaded, here is a Luzzo’s pizza review from another forum member Peter Taylor with pictures.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2927.0.html  Peter (Pete-zza) also posts a link at Reply 21 for more pictures from Luzzo’s http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2927.msg28094.html#msg28094

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!