Author Topic: Finally some new photos  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Kostakis1985

Re: Finally some new photos
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
I like the way the top one looks with the toppings irregularly spaced and the darker shade of color on the rim. Ive never had a neopolitan pizza but your pictures make me want to try it :D
Jamie

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 12:01:57 AM »
Robyn, so just how long have you had that oven now?  ;). Beautiful looking pies.  Love the leoparding.

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
Robyn, the sausage pesto pie is really mouth watering!  Stunning pizzas once again! 

Marlon

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »
Wow, Robyn! Those look amazing!

Offline PizzaVera

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
sorry Robyn, could you tell me what kind of oven you are using please.?

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 11:12:23 PM »
PizzaVera:  It is a French import, a Four GrandMere 950B.  Here is the thread on our build:  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13956.0.html

If you have any questions or want to know more, feel free to contact me!

Robyn

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »
robyn, your pizzas look wonderful. my wife is interested in expanding our home kitchen. the only way i will do it is if i have a wood oven as part of the redesign. your oven looks really nice and the job you husband did is very professional. my first question is the dome height is it lower than the printed information from the company? looks like 12.5 inches is specified. i can say that the pizza being baked in you oven is well balanced so whatever the height is is working for you.  is the oven smoke free inside the house upon initial firing of a bake? i need to read thru the thread again before i ask questions you might have already answered. thanks ,larry

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
Larry the dome height of her oven is about 9.5".

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
Yep, just shy of 10" height.  Other than the time I forgot to open the flue, we are smoke-free  :-X  You definitely want to make sure the wood is DRY - during the rainy season we tried to burn some damp wood and that didn't go so well, but yes, aside from various operator errors, it draws beautifully and stays clear inside.  It does put out heat when the door is open, so keep that in mind for location.  I have the seat right by the door of the oven in the dining room, and it does get hot when the door is open.  If there is any way to do it, do - having the oven inside is wonderful. 

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »
Saturday night I made pizza for a couple friends.  Clearly both my pizza-making and my photo-taking skills are rusty.  This was my first time firing up the oven in a couple months, due to a crazy summer.  I'm pretty sure my dough was defective  :P  and I overcooked most of them a bit and they got too brown but the pies were tasty and guests were happy... 

In order, I started with a Rosa and then did another no-sauce - the second one is dry mozz, Meyer lemon zest, basil and parsley, EVOO and salt.  Loved it.  Then a margherita, followed by a pesto & red onion.  Then my other favorite of the night which was kale marinated in EVOO & salt, crimini mushrooms and red onions with dry mozz and Parmesan Reggiano, more EVOO and salt.  Then a no-red-sauce pesto with fresh homegrown tomatoes, red onion, and more basil, and I finished with my version of a S'more pizza.  Crust edge sprinkled with vanilla sugar, 63% Guittard chocolate chips, and marshmallow fluff liberally applied, baked without flame in a slightly cooled oven for several minutes.  The marshmallow was dark brown, not as black as the photos make it look.   

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
Clearly both my pizza-making and my photo-taking skills are rusty.

I don't know about that. They all look really great to me. What is on the 4th pie? I guess it would help if I read your post and didn't just look at the pictures.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:55:08 PM by TXCraig1 »
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »
Beautiful Robyn!!  Like riding a bike eh?? I have not made a pizza have eaten yes, but not made  now in over 9 days and it feels kinda wierd?
But calander is filling up for sept and into october last year I did 0 in Sept and Oct.
Keep those pictures coming please now I have cooked in this oven in person I can say again The FGM  works very well!
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

parallei

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
Those look might tasty Robyn. :chef:  We are still waiting for it to cool down here in Denver too.  I haven't even turned on the kitchen oven in probably 8 weeks.

I love kale.  Tell me, did you sauté it a bit before the bake?

Thanks!

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »
Nope, just marinated it in the salt and EVOO for a few hours first, then topped it raw.  Last night I made just 4 pizzas.  I did the basil, parsley, dry mozz, parm & lemon zest again, this time adding dollops of whole milk ricotta.  I absolutely love that pizza.  Then the kale-mushroom-red onion sauce-less one again but this time I left the kale in bigger pieces, which was a mistake.  You definitely want it cut finer.  I also marinated the mushrooms slices in EVOO, salt and pepper this time, didn't taste much difference in the 'shrooms.  Oh, I also used Calabrian chile oil on that one too.  Then a Margherita a la Craig, with Aleppo and Calbrian oil, and then the "finish off the ingredients" pizza, with red sauce, various cheeses, kale, mushrooms, red onion and parsley.  This was my usual dough with an extra day of rest in the refrigerator as our plans for Friday changed.  Dough was a little more fragile but delicious, and definitely wanted to make big bubbles that burned, as you can see. 

Oh, and I discovered something you really don't want to do:  I went to dome the last pizza while talking to hubby over my shoulder, not looking at what I was doing, and domed it right into the live flame going across the oven ceiling.  Ignited the pizza and burned the heck out of one side.  Not the best party trick.   

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
Robyn, you have seriously knocked this last batch out of the park.  Simply stellar.  Good job with the "new"' oven.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
Robyn, you have seriously knocked this last batch out of the park.  Simply stellar.  Good job with the "new"' oven.

+1

That Margherita is off the charts beautiful. Granted, I can't taste it, but it looks pretty darn close to perfect if you ask me.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
Robyn,

Your pies look fantastic!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »
Craig that was post # 5000!!! cool  Oh Robyn yes as allways beautiful I remeber begging for you to post a few and you would pm me and say not quite there yet and not comfortable posting pizza pics. You have nothin to hide now thats for sure gretastuff !1 Love the Margherita !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »
Beautiful margherita

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
Robyn

Your pizzas always have some very cool toppings.  I love the way you incorporate so many veggies!  I seem to get stuck in a rut with the same toppings.  I'm gonna have to re-read your posts before the next pizza outing.  Your pies are becoming very distinctive looking ( if you know what I mean). 

Scot

pizzapan