Author Topic: Pizza Night!  (Read 16691 times)

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Night!
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2014, 07:11:27 PM »
thanks Anthony and Craig.  I appreciate your input.  if I stick it out, i'll have to develop my skills a little further to have the confidence I'm used to with a stronger dough.  I think it's probably worth it though. 
Bill

Offline landras

« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
those pizzas look super nice, I love it. I wish I could repeat that day after day!
nico

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
Thanks Nico!

Offline valhalla

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:51 AM »
Beautiful work Bill.

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »
thanks Valhala, I hope it warms up soon for you like it has here in Bama for us.  finally turning the corner towards spring here. 

I've been practicing up for a big pizza party this Tuesday with a bunch of guys who really know food. 
I'm sticking with the 63% dough.  I'm getting used to it now and really like the flavor and texture.  our WF finally got some buffalo Mozz this week and I got a couple of balls.  It just came in the day before.  the Tre Stelle isn't my favorite but it's really good and welcome after all winter not being able to buy any.  been tweaking some combos and played around with Everlast's crowd pleaser and its whipped cream base.  I think that one may make the list!  I got some pics last night, I hope someone takes more on Tuesday.  will post back if they do.
bill

Offline scupbucket

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
Gorgeous pies AND pictures!!!  :drool:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
Bill,

Your pizzas all look gorgeous!  :chef:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
This is a FANTASTIC thread to read. Also, I really appreciate all the photos. They help a lot. ;D

TomN

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
thanks Valhala, I hope it warms up soon for you like it has here in Bama for us.  finally turning the corner towards spring here. 

I've been practicing up for a big pizza party this Tuesday with a bunch of guys who really know food. 
I'm sticking with the 63% dough.  I'm getting used to it now and really like the flavor and texture.  our WF finally got some buffalo Mozz this week and I got a couple of balls.  It just came in the day before.  the Tre Stelle isn't my favorite but it's really good and welcome after all winter not being able to buy any.  been tweaking some combos and played around with Everlast's crowd pleaser and its whipped cream base.  I think that one may make the list!  I got some pics last night, I hope someone takes more on Tuesday.  will post back if they do.
bill

Bill,

I am curious to know what is your favorite cheese and can you post a photo of the package?  Thanks again.

TomN

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
thanks scupbucket, Norma and Tom.  My favorite buff mozz is garofalo of the ones I've tried.  it seems to be heavily dependent on freshness though.  I don't think it lasts long.  here's a terrible photo of the package....
bill

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »
thanks scupbucket, Norma and Tom.  My favorite buff mozz is garofalo of the ones I've tried.  it seems to be heavily dependent on freshness though.  I don't think it lasts long.  here's a terrible photo of the package....
bill

Same here. That's the best mozz I have available here by far. I get it at Costco. It comes individual balls in bags now - 4 individual packs to a package.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »
Same here. That's the best mozz I have available here by far. I get it at Costco. It comes individual balls in bags now - 4 individual packs to a package.

Thank you , Thank you.

I have to get down to the Seattle Costco very soon.  They are the only Costco in my area that sells it.  If I remember correctly, this cheese comes in a bag. Thanks again everyone.

TomN
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:26:14 PM by TomN »

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »
sauce was straight up Cento peeled Italian Tomatoes.  I pulled the tomatoes out of the sauce and put them through the med. plate on food mill.

Online JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
Do you ever make your way to Mississippi wheelman? I'd work for free, well, maybe for a pizza :)
Josh

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2014, 12:30:27 AM »
Almost made it there tonight!  Just back from tuscumbia. 

Offline Everlast

« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »

bill

Bill, if your rosemary roasted potato and fennel sausage pizza (I call it the Meat and Potatoes) is as good as it looks in these pics, among the others, I think you'll have some very happy guests. Enjoy your pizza night!

Offline adletson

« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
re:  wheelman

Is that Tuscumbia, AL?  If so, that's where I live!

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »
thanks Everlast, that pizza is definitely a favorite!  we had a good pizza night.  It was cool but we ate outside anyway.  The dough was cooperating well. 
adletson, we were in your town then!  we're from Cullman.   Roll Tide 
bill

Offline adletson

« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Roll Tide!  My boss lives in Cullman and commutes.  I envy your easy access to the interstate.  Admittedly, that's the only thing I know about Cullman.  And also there's a gas station right beside where you get on the interstate that sells donuts. Gotta learn the important stuff.  ;D

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »
been a while since I posted here but I thought I would put in another installment.  A couple of chef friends came up last night and tried their hand at the oven.  It was a pretty warm night.  My dough was 65% hydration which I've found is possible only because of using wooden dough boxes.  I have a really high failure rate with over 63% in plastic, but it's all good with wood!  We had a gallon of raw milk so we made mozzarella.  Luckily, we had also bought some because a gallon of milk only made one ball! 
cheers!
bill