Author Topic: Pizza Business Excel- Planning-budget tools  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Yourpizza

Pizza Business Excel- Planning-budget tools
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
Hi

Do any of you have a pizza business excel tool that would be a template for all items- overhead, direct labor costs, food materials etc. for planning and adjusting budgets?

Thinking there is a metric or 2 out there- like dough balls and how many are sold every day etc., as an example.

Looking for a planning tool to know the specific metrics, especially when commodity prices ebb and flow and how to respond to them.

Thinking there must be something out there. If you have one and want to share, it would be appreciated! You can scrub pricing of your products, rent, pay for employees- I'm looking for the template. I'm good with excel, so perhaps we can barter, if you need to see things in excel that you might be unfamiliar with. Currently, I'm working on one now from another industry and tweaking it to the pizza business, but if I don't need to reinvent the wheel, I'll avoid it as success has already happened and been thought about. I'd also be willing to participate in sharing other business related systems with you as well, if you're interested.

Thanks
Keith

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Business Excel- Planning-budget tools
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
Not sure whether this is exactly what you're after, but the folk at http://www.restaurantowner.com have a free business plan that incorporates a lot of that sorta stuff.

Cheers

Peter V.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
Keith,

I don't know if this will help but there is a link to a Break Even Calculator posted at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10775&sid=b20792c8fd66c01f3ada816721cf1f51#p74584. That thread is predicated on how many pizzas with certain characteristics have to be sold to cover costs.

You might also want to register and post your questions at the PMQ Think Tank since it is primarily pizza professionals who post there. Some of them started out on this forum and went professional. They are among the better and more frequent posters at the PMQTT.

PMQ also has a manager's tool box at http://pmq.com/toolbox.php. One of the items linked there is a Driver's Handbook, which is a topic you brought up in another thread.

Peter

Offline Yourpizza

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
Peter

Appreciate, again, the assistance and guidance!

Just checked out the links and resources....looks like a place to learn a bunch!

Will look at the calculator and if I can contribute or have any questions, it looks like this is another relevant place to ask, like this site.

Regards,

Keith

Offline Splinter888

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »
Has anyone been able to come up with some good Excel files to help run a new pizzaria??  I could use them too!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »
Has anyone been able to come up with some good Excel files to help run a new pizzaria??  I could use them too!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Steve,

I was going to suggest that you register with the PMQ Think Tank and post your questions there also, but I see that you have already done so. You might also want to post on the main part of the forum at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6 since some members only look at that section.

Peter

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
Steve,

While you are over at PMQ, you might check out their Manager's Toolbox at http://pmq.com/toolbox.php.

Peter

Offline Splinter888

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
Pete,

Thanks for the reply!  I have looked at the "Toolbox" already and although there are sum helpful posts... I need something more specific..:)  I will try and post on the main board there also...  I am looking for actual spreadsheets used by people that use them daily! 

Thanks Again!

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
I have created hundreds of spreadsheets similar to this, but no one specifically for a pizza business. If you'd like I'd be happy to help you create a custom one if you need some help. We can do whatever you'd like, break-ever like peter talked about, free cash flows, NPV, IRR, forecasting, and obviously all of those would include an income statement and balance sheet.

Offline Splinter888

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »
Thank you for the response!  ;D

I would love to see examples and specifics towards the pizza biz!  :chef: