Author Topic: Apizza Scholls  (Read 434 times)

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
Apizza Scholls
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »
Yesterday I had the great pleasure of meeting Bill and Sally when we ate dinner at Apizza Scholls. Brian Spangler (the owner and master pie maker) came over and spent an unbelievable amount of time with us talking about our favorite subject >> PIZZA!

Bill and Sally were fantastic to spend time with!!! My wife (Jen) and I had a fun night and I wanted to say thanks so much to both of them for taking the time to share dinner with us.

The pizza was so good that mere words could not do it justice - I have been eating pizza on a regular basis since the early 70s and I can tell you I don't remember enjoying any pie more than the one I had last night.

Great pizza, great people - what more can anyone ask for - my one big big booboo -- when the pie came out and that first piece went into my mouth (a near religious experience) I totally forgot to snap any pictures of the pizza - so so sorry - but at that point I had goose bumps all over my body and all I could think about was the next bite.

On the up side, after having that pizza "I will be back" (apologies to Arnold Schwarzenegger) - so next time I promise to take some pictures of the extraordinary pie(s)!!!
Norm

Online tinroofrusted

• Experimenting....
Re: Apizza Scholls
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:49:37 AM »
I'm jealous, Norco! Sounds like it was a great meal. I've never been to A pizza Scholls but I mean to get there one of these days. I often recommended Brian's recipe to others, because it's so good.

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »
SOOO JEALOUS!!!..... Sounds like such a great time!
Bob

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:33 AM »
Sounds great!!!!  jealous!

I would have preferred a picture of the ladies rather than have to look at you guys!  :P  I do see that Bill and I have the same haircut.
Mitch

“We hate math,” says 4 in 10 – a majority of Americans

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:30:11 AM »
It was really great getting together with Norm and Jen.Such a fun night!

Oh, and the pizza? Better than I'd even imagined!

The crust was tender yet with a light crispiness and just the right amount of chew . Sauce and cheese excellent, balanced just right with the toppings. Reheated perfectly in the toaster oven at our airbnb apt for yesterday's lunch.

Norm didn't mention that I'm such a shameless pizza groupie that when he spotted that Brian Spangler was there, i asked the waiter if there was a chance we could meet him . He didn't just come by but was truly gracious and visited a good long while...this could not have been more cool!

I realized as soon as we got back , that as Norm wrote above, we forgot pizza photos. Uh-oh...i knew I'd be in trouble here. So I grabbed a shot of the leftovers...just look at these leftovers!

Thanks Norm, and thanks for guys for reading

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »
hey guys, I know brian got some new ovens recently.   Im curious if you know what the bake time is now?    Im so bummed his pizzeria is on the other side of the continent and my traveling days are behind me.   I know his pizza is some of the best in the world.   

Offline invertedisdead

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »
Awesome Bill, Norm!

Ryan

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »
I don't remember asking about bake time(s) specifically but we did talk about the oven temp - Brian said he cooks the pies at ~700 degrees - I guess that would result in sub 6 min bakes given that heat (and the thickness of the pie) - but I'm only guessing....
Norm