Author Topic: How many ounces per size pie?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline WiseguyPizza

How many ounces per size pie?
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
We will be making 10", 16", 18" and 20" pies. We are looking to have them about 1/4 inch thick and crispy. What would be the ideal weight in dough to use per size? If there is any more details you need, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Markos

Offline franko9752

Re: How many ounces per size pie?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
You could go to the "Dough Tools" section on this site and use the dough calculator to get the ball weight.

Offline WiseguyPizza

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »
You could go to the "Dough Tools" section on this site and use the dough calculator to get the ball weight.

Ok i am sorry lol. I didn't see that this feature was here. Thank you very much

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
Marcos,

You will want to keep in mind that the thickness factor values used by the dough calculating tools do not correlate with actual crust thickness. For some typical thickness factors to consider, you might take a look at Reply 1 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12243.msg115759/topicseen.html#msg115759.

Peter

Offline WiseguyPizza

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
Marcos,

You will want to keep in mind that the thickness factor values used by the dough calculating tools do not correlate with actual crust thickness. For some typical thickness factors to consider, you might take a look at Reply 1 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12243.msg115759/topicseen.html#msg115759.

Peter

What i am looking to do is make pizza with a crispy crust all the way through. I prefer a 1/4 inch crust. Also, i will not be baking on a pan, this will be baked on stone.