Author Topic: Going to Chicago  (Read 362 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Going to Chicago
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »
So I had a change of plans, and have ended up with a week off next month and I decided to spend that week in Chicago. I like visiting metro areas, I just recently went to NY, I am from LA, and have never been to Chicago.

So which pizza places do I need to visit? I was thinking Spacca because neapolitan is my favorite, is that the best place in Chicago? Then obviously get some deep dish, and I was thinking Pequod's. I also saw there is a pizza tour that does 4 stops in about 3 hours or so. That seemed like an easy way to try a lot of places.

Any input is welcome, and feel free to throw out suggestions of any type, IE other restaurants, activities, etc.

Offline Saturday Coffee

Online jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Re: Going to Chicago
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
Spacca is great, they were doing neo before it was cool and if it's not real busy Jonathan is great to talk to.

Pequods or Burt's would be the choice for the deep dish.

I just ate at Coalfire recently and they had a really good coal oven pizza.

If you have the time and are patient Great Lake is a must visit for the crust alone. Not neo by any stretch (my fav too) but that crust is awesome.

Nancys, Lou's... Ok but not if you can make the above.

Pm me if youd like. If I'm around I would be happy to meet a pizzamaking member and have some pizza.

Hope you have fun,
Jeff

Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

pizzapan