Author Topic: proofing pizza dough  (Read 2248 times)

Offline darrell

proofing pizza dough
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »
Is it nescesary to proof dough for commercial pizza?I am building a comercial kitchen at home . I am using a fornobravo wood fired oven , hobart mixer , poss proofer , gas stone pizza oven , and all of the very best ingredients available . I am going to offer a 12 inch pizza and maybe a 16 inch pie . I am using caputo oo flour , grande cheese , escalon tomatoes , enzo pepperoni etc . I would appreciate some ideas on proofing . I am selling the pizzas , from a truck outside my other business . limited hours and days to start no delivery . thanks darrell .

buceriasdon

Re: proofing pizza dough
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
I use Instant Dry Yeast so I don't have to mess around with proofing as is the case with Active.
Don

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
Darrell,

It might help to know what you mean by "proof" and "proofing". You mentioned proofing the dough, as opposed to yeast. Do you mean using commercial proofing equipment, with temperature and humidity control? And, if so, is it because of the mobile operation where you think you may have to hold dough balls or skins in a commercial proofer pending the filling of orders?

Peter

Offline darrell

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
I was wanting to know if a proofer,with a humidity control etc,would be better for dough balls,in production.I am totally new at this,and dont want to look or sound like a idiot.I have worked on this recipe for many years,and my starting operation is going o be small until I find my ass,so to speak.thanks darrell.