Author Topic: First Pizza in Wood Fired Oven of the season  (Read 982 times)

Offline minesamojito

• My Blog
First Pizza in Wood Fired Oven of the season
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:59:42 PM »
Itís been a lovely start to the spring season, the weather has been unseasonably warm, so it was about time I fired the wood fired oven up for a quick couple of pizzas for my family.

It's always difficult after you havenít fired an oven in anger for a while as it builds up moisture over the winter and everything takes a while longer to heat up.

Still it was a good start to the year with a couple of pepperoni pizzas, but the light fades so quickly, so caught the first pizza in near dark conditions.

Iím looking forward to a great season of eating outdoors, hope you are too.
Cheers
Marcus
Visit my outdoor cooking and wood oven blog
http://countrywoodsmoke.wordpress.com/

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: First Pizza in Wood Fired Oven of the season
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
Spring has sprung here too. I fired the oven this weekend and roasted two turkeys, but no pizza. No pizza?? what's up with that? :-D

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:20 AM »
Marcus - This is a great time of year and unseasonably warm here in New England as well. I fired my oven this weekend to get all the moisture out and baked some pies for family and friends. Great time.

John

Offline minesamojito

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
I love the expectation of all the extra cooking I can do outdoors over the summer, I don't let the winter stop me, it's just better cooking and eating alfresco in the summer.
I found it took quite a while getting rid of the winter moisture in the oven, even though I've had a couple of fire ups over the winter, bring on summer and lots of cooking!
Cheers
Marcus
Visit my outdoor cooking and wood oven blog
http://countrywoodsmoke.wordpress.com/